twenty-six

you looked at Shigaraki, his eyes narrowing slightly as he stared at the wiggling child before him.

"I had to lie, Kozana." he said simply, in a harsh tone, "not like you'd have believed me anyway because you're so god damn stupid!"

"DO NOT CALL ME THAT!" she screamed at him and held her hand out, palm forwards, towards you. you stood there confused for a small second but then it felt as if someone rammed into you with a bus and you toppled over, hitting your head off the floor, only just catching a glimpse of Yuii-Kozana, you didn't know what to call her anymore, throw herself at Shigaraki, letting out a shout of curses and swears in his face as tears streamed down her cheeks. you almost felt guilty for her... actually, you did entirely. she was lied to for most of her life so far and by the person she looked up to most only to find out her dad was someone she probably hated. but of course, she never spoke to you so how you were supposed to know? and you just made yourself one of the problems by holding her still to keep her safe and to keep Shigaraki, your Tomura safe. 

"Stop it, don't make me hurt you because i will!" he shouted back at her and all you could do was watch, not knowing what to do at all and being at a loss of words, feeling all alone and confused too in this strange, nightmare like scenario. you decided to stick with Yuii for now until you got adjusted accordingly yourself before trying to call her Kozana. 

"Yuii..." you whispered but then she grabbed the nearest thing, a pillow, and threw at you, looking down at Shigaraki. what he said didn't seem to faze her but only made her more annoyed. her pupils turned to slits and she tilted her head to the side before smiling, her tone different... almost taunting.

"oh well makes sense, you kill everyone you care about anyway." she said, her grin widening, "yknow, entire family killer, huh? Tomura the weak dumb childish weed that can only hurt, pathetic. imma be simple, its your fault that D/N died, just like everyone else." her tone was unsettling as she picked and prodded at what was hurting most... the guilt. you never told him but he spoke in his sleep and spoke about his guilt.

"don't you dare, mutt." he made a move to grab her arm threateningly but she didn't move.

"you wouldn't hurt me... you care to much about her." she smiled again and that's when it hit. it was her split personality, the insane side that Shigaraki mentioned earlier. so was that earlier her trying to fight against it? you still didn't dare to speak but slowly stood up, walking through the door on one side before running off from the arguing to go and find someone. after a while, well not really a while but it felt like it, you found the others. they looked at you and before talking you took a shaky breath, but was too panicked to talk so you pointed in the direction of Yuii and Shigaraki. Dabi sighed before standing up and walking with you to them.

"so what's happened?" he asked you, looking at you through the corner of his eyes.

"you'll see when you get there." you said simply, not knowing what else to say. once you managed to find him, your body froze with worry. they were gone.

"oh yeah, i can really see what's happened can't i?" he looked around before moving slightly quicker trying and failing to hide the worry in his eyes, "were they here?"

"yes they were, Yuii and Shigaraki were having an argume-"

"she found out about Kozana?" he said even more simpler than how it was. all you could do was nod and you looked around, wondering where they could have gone, "what can Yuii/Kozana do?"

"what do you mean?"

"y'know, to make them disappear?" 

"oh, well... i don't know, she can find your mother... we never know what quirks shes copied, we only know she copied Shigaraki's quirk from a young age by accident but never let it go... she keeps hinting that she copied mine, but that's all we know."

"okay..." you looked at Dabi then, "how old is she really or is she honestly 13 or 14?"

"oh, i don't know - her animal quirk and that coma makes her look 13 or 14 but apparently she's actually 16."

"ah ok."

"and her mental age is 16 too, they both seem to be terrible at keeping their dairy's hidden, apparently she likes me and thinks i'm hot but that he wouldn't date someone as young looking as her."

"aren't you taken anyway?"

"oh... yeah i am." he said, forcing a smile.

"do you want to be?"

"honestly... she doesn't act happy around me anymore." he looked at the floor, and you felt sorry for him, "but anyway, lets go find those two before one gets arrested, someone recognises Yuii or they kill eachother."

"yeah, that would be smart..." you responded quietly before looking up, sighing, "but where could they be?"

"Yuii wouldn't go too far... shes too much of a hermit crab to go far away... so we can start by just looking close to here."

"yeah, not like we can call the police." you laughed slightly before something strange happened... and you recognised the noise immediately. 

a very faint high pitched noise went off, slowly going higher and higher in pitch and volume.

a bomb.

but you couldn't leave without knowing they were safe...