Chapter 31

It was the last day of the Easter holiday and I had to go back to Uni tonight. About mid day I get a text but I wasn't around to read it so Jordan does.

From: Joe

I have some ideas for tomorrow. I'm really excited👍🏼

He comes out of his room with my phone in his hand and comes to the living room we're I was sat with Nicole.

"Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Yeah" he just walks away so I follow him back up to his room.

"What's up?" He hands me my phone and I read the text.

"Look. I can explain"

"I would like to hear it"

"We were assigned together to do a few dances. He's just a dance partner. That's it."

"Does he know you have a boyfriend?"

"Yes he does"

"What if he makes a move on you anyway?"

"He won't. We are friends. It's like I'm friends with Sam and Tom and Jack and Dom and Finn. Their all my friends as well so why does this matter so much"

"At least I know the guys. I know what they are like but I've never met this Joe person before."

"You can meet him if you want but there is a risk of him exposing our relationship. He told me himself he was a fan because he knows I'm Harry's sister."

"You could not dance with him"

"Jordan, I have to, it's part of my final grade. I have to do well on this."

"I just don't want to loose you but I don't want our relationship to be exposed."

"Why? What's the worst that could happen?"

"Do you remember Hannah?"

"Urgh, she was a bitch."

"Yeah, I realised that now but when we were together, fans photoshopped her kissing someone else and we broke up. She didn't actually kiss that person but a fan did that. Turns out she was actually cheating on me but that's not the point. I don't want that to happen again."

"You have to make up your mind. I'll be back later." I take my phone, put my shoes on and walk out the door.

—————————

Jordan's POV

It had been a few hours and Maddie still hadn't come home yet. It was getting late and I was worried. I called her a few time but there was no answer. I figured she didn't want to talk to me so I asked Nicole to try calling her instead. She picked up but she said 'tell Jordan to stop calling me' and then hung up.

—————————

The next day, I knew she had dance and I was hoping she would be there early so I could talk to her.

I entered the dance studio and saw she was signed in. I walked into the studio she was in and saw her dancing. She was dancing to 'They don't know about us by One Direction'. She stopped dancing at the end of the song then she saw me.

"You're still amazing at dancing"

"Thanks" she just looked down at the floor but I knew I had to get through to her.

"Why that song? You hate One Direction"

"I do but it seemed fitting"

"Fair enough. And I'm sorry."

Then the door opened and in walked a guy who I had never met before.

"Heyyyyyy" he said dragging it out when he saw me. "Oh my god, you're Jordan. Hi I'm Joe I'm a big fan"

"Hi" I didn't know what else to say.

"Jordan, I'll talk to you later." Maddie says and practically pushed me out the door.

As I leave, I check the sign up sheet for when their rehearsal would end. I figured I could talk to her after since I knew she was free. It said 3 hours so I went to get some food and waited.

————————

"Jordan, what are you doing?" She said as she walked into reception.

"I need to talk to you"

"I'll see you tomorrow, Maddie" Joe said and then left.

"How do you know I'm not busy?"

"Because I'm kind of use to your timetable by now"

"What do you want, Jordan?"

"Look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have overreacted like that. I completely trust you and know you would never do anything to hurt me. I just got scared."

"Wow. Jordan. Scared."

"Ok. I deserve that." I say as she continues to laugh at me. She does calm down eventually. "I'm sorry"

"It's ok. I understand." She hugs me and then we decided to get lunch together at shake shack.

Maddie's POV

"Also, Joe is gay." I didn't see his face but I could only imagine.