Chapter 13

Midterms are now fast approaching. Most of the students are now busy preparing for the upcoming exam. However, in the nursing department, not only the midterms are coming but also the most awaited of some students the clinical.

Clinical is wherein the nursing students practice what they learn in school into real patients. So, we need to duty in hospital and complete the units that given to us.

Probably we're going to do some oral medications or non-invasive procedures under the supervision of our clinical instructor.

"Gosh, people midterms and clinical rotation are coming," Althea said as she is scrolling through her cellphone to study.

We're here at our usual spot in the morning when our classes haven't yet started. Everybody was busy studying and reviewing for the upcoming exam.

Kahit ang mga estudyante sa kabilang kiosk ay busy din sa pag-aaral. Ganito palagi ang set-up ng mga estudyante dito kapag malapit na ang exam.

"Kaya nga. Kaya kailangan talaga niyong mag-sipag ngayong week kasi next week na ang exam," ngising sabi ko sa kanila.

Wala naman akong dapat ikabahala kasi kahit hindi exam, I always find time to study. Ewan ko lang sa mga kaibigan kong 'to.

I always remind them to study earlier so when the exams come, they won't cram. Preparing is better than cramming.

Cramming in the exam will lead you to fail. Pero mero'n ding iba na mas ginaganahan kapag nag ca-cram, and I salute them for that. But for me, I am always prepared.

I like to prepare things ahead than to multi-task. I'm not multi-tasker dahil kapag ganoon hindi ko na alam kung ano ang uunahin ko.

Time management is the key for me.

I'm done studying for the upcoming exam. . .Nag re-review na lang ako ngayon dahil ang mga Prof. namin ay mahilig magpa-oral recit kapag nalalapit na ang exam.

My parents are not strict to us when it comes to academics. They want us to enjoy our youth, they want us to freely enjoy our studies rather than pressuring us, especially mom.

My mom didn't enjoy her teenage years because my grandparents were very strict regarding the achievements she gets. I think that is one of the reasons why they let us do what we want as long as we know our limitations.

Palagi niyang sinasabi sa amin na 'wag daw kaming magpaka-pressure sa pag-aaral.

Where's the fun in studying if you keep pressuring yourself. Studying should be fun or atleast make it fun for yourself. You shouldn't feel the pressure of the things that should be enjoyable.

I was in Senior Highschool when I learned to myself that I should make learning fun. . . but of course in a good way.

In that way hindi ako nahihirapan para sa sarili ko. My friends would always say 'bakit ang chill mo lang?' and I would always tell them to find the fun in studying and don't be pressured.

Don't be too hard on yourself take a rest if needed.

"Narinig ko sa iba na mahirap daw maging isang practioner nurse," sabi ni Althea na medyo kinakabahan..

"Enjoy naman daw sabi ng iba," Renaissa joined the conversation.

"I think ma e-enjoy ko 'to kahit mapapagod ako.. You know I've always wanted to take care of patients. I enjoy helping people, I'd love to see their beautiful smiles plastered on their faces," sabi ko sa kanila habang busy ako sa pag re-review.

I tried helping nurses in our hospital once. Pinayagan nila akong mag duty do'n dahil nasa second year college na rin ako that time and that serves as my experience. .kahit hindi ganoong katagal.