33. Awkward Phone Call

Hinata:

Hinata laid on his bed as he scrolled aimlessly through a variety of social media platforms. It was Sunday night, both Noya and Tanaka had left a few hours beforehand since it was a school night.

As he continued his scrolling, the sudden call caught him off guard making him drop his phone right onto his face.

"Son of a bitch." He muttered as he looked at who was calling him.

*Incoming call... Pudding Head 💩💛*

==========Start of Phone Call=========

Hinata: Moshi moshi?
Kenma: Hey, what are you doing?
Hinata: Nothing really, just scrolling through stuff. What about you?
Kenma: Oh uh, nothing much either. Just playing video games. The usual.... So uh, are you looking forward to your date?
Hinata: Yeah! I'm actually really excited.

There was a silence for a while before Hinata spoke up again.

Hinata: Uhh, hello?
Kenma: Oh sorry, I got d-distracted on my uh, game for a second.
Hinata: (He giggles) It's okay you weirdo.
Kenma: Anyways do you know where you guys are going for your date or whatever?
Hinata: Mmmm... not really. I just know that Tobio said it would be in Tokyo since we'll be there this weekend.
Kenma: (Has a coughing fit.)
Hinata: Jesus Christ are you okay?!
Kenma: (Clearing his throat) Mhm, sorry I apparently don't know how to drink water. So why is uh y-your date gonna' be in T-tokyo?
Hinata: Are you sure you're okay Kenma?
Kenma: Y-yeah I'm fine. I've just been a little tired.
Hinata: Mmmm... okay. If you say so. Just remember if you have something on your mind, you can tell me. Okay?
Kenma: (He let out a sigh) Yeah, I know orange. Don't worry. I'm fine. Anyways... How come your date is gonna' be in Tokyo?
Hinata: Oh uh, Kageyama said there was more to do in Tokyo so he figured we'd just have our date there. He's right though, there is sooo much more to do in Tokyo. So I'm excited.
Kenma: ..... Oh I see. Do you know where he's taking you?
Hinata: Nope. I told him anywhere was fine so he said he'd plan something out then.
Kenma: Well just make sure you're careful and that if you need to bail, call me.
Hinata: (Chuckles) I'll be fine. It's Tobio. I trust him.

There was another silent pause before Kenma spoke again.

Kenma: Anyways, I gotta' go. Gotta' finish getting school stuff ready. Talk to you later orange.
Hinata:Oh okay! Good night Pudding Head. Sleep well!

==========End of Phone Call==========

Hinata stared at his phone as the call ended feeling a little concerned about Kenma. He sounded a little distant and although a naturally soft spoken person, Kenma sounded more quiet.

'That was weird.' Hinata thought to himself.

He figured if he'd call Kenma throughout the week and if he still sounded the same way, he'd ask him in person if everything was alright while they were over there for their volleyball practice.

Hinata got up from his bed and also got his stuff ready for school. He went to take a shower and made his way downstairs to tell his mom and a sleeping Natsu good night.

"Good night sweetie." His mom replied, as she too got up from the couch to get ready for bed.

He made his way back into his room and saw his phone light up from receiving a message. As he looked at the message and a small smile spread across his face while his cheeks flushed a bright pink.