Chapter Twelve - Identity

'I am fading away slowly, and you aren't even noticing.'

Beep

Beep... beep... beep..

Darkness surrounded him as he floated in the sweet abyss the humans called sleep. It was a endless void where you could disappear from the face of the earth and escape the problems that nested inside of you.

If only it could last longer.

Izuku was brought back into this cold world once again when his eyes suddenly shot open. Light poured into his eyes, making him wince.

It took the boy a few seconds to process what was happening for him to react.

Jumping out of his bed, he quickly analyzed the room- thinking of any possible escape route.

On his left side sat a big window. Izuku estimated that the hospital that they were in wasn't more than eleven stories, due to the sign outside labeled "Top floor: Eleven" in big bold text.

Putting his elbow straight out like a hammer, he shattered the glass with little effort. And immediately jumped out. But this was when he realized his big mistake.

It was uncharacteristic of him to under analyze things. And never did things go awfully wrong.

Looking straight down at the ground, he noticed that he was around thirty stories up. Far higher than expected. And defiantly not a height that a normal human could survive.

And yes, he was.. a normal human.

But time suddenly moved like one of those scenes in a movie. Slow and steady.

Izuku's head turned around to face the window he jumped out of. From there, he was face to face with the underground pro hero Eraserhead. Staring at him with a shocked expression.

Just like that, time sped up again. And the next thing he knew, the vigilante was wrapped in the hero's capture gear.

Throughout that time, he kept staring right into Eraserhead's panicked look. Maybe he would be in trouble if he let someone like him get away. Especially a well known vigilante like he was.

Izuku came to the realization that he hadn't been analyzing his situation at all.

Hearing his breathing, it came out as a deep huff. Not nearing the tone of his natural voice.

Right..

The vigilante still retained his mask. The one thing making sure that his identity would never be revealed.

His family never brought him outside of his humble abode until he escaped that hell himself. They kept his very birth a secret until Mitsuki, a friend of the Midoryia's discovered a crying Izuku out in the open. From then, the interactions between him and the outside world were kept between the playground and his prison.