Chapter Twenty One - Closer

"Don't abuse someone's kindness. Remember in every angel, lies a demon."

     "Outfit change?" M remarked, crossing their arms

"Outfit change?" M remarked, crossing their arms. Their face held quite the shocked expression.

"Is there something wrong with that?" He asked, leaning against the concrete with his foot pressed against the wall. It was only natural for M to be shocked. Most heroes never change their outfits; it would take too long to recognize again and gain the public's attention. Paranoia was also very well known for his black cloak and kitsune mask. But now was the time to change.

"When you say 'outfit change' are you referring to some maintenance needed to be perform-ed?" The engineer asked with a confused tone, shrugging.

"No. I believe I asked for a new outfit." Paranoia proclaimed, lifting his eyebrows from under his mask.

Why did he need an outfit change? Or what was his motive behind it? Perhaps he was unsatisfied with his old costume? Izuku was certain that wasn't the case.

If the events that occurred in the last month never took place, Paranoia would've stayed the same until his retirement. It would be a shame to say goodbye to such a brilliant outfit. Izuku remembered the lengths he went to sew the cloak together with the cheap silk he bought when he first made his costume. He later re-placed that material with a richer silk fabric. His mask on the other hand was a gift. But he often regarded it as a reminder. A reminder of who and what he was. Izuku received the mask from his previous sensei.

Eraserhead was the source of his problems. Beginning with the near capture on the rooftops, to the monstrosity of an appre-hension orchestrated by Eraserhead. Which triggered a very special memory inside of Izuku.

Finally, Eraserhead had finally demolished him. Because when he looked over the homework he missed during his time away, Izuku was met with the horror of his lifetime.

'Video of Paranoia the vigilante.'

His sensei was making his students do research on how to capture him. Paranoia's weaknesses, his moves in battle and any personal information.

Eraserhead really outdid himself this time. Paranoia admitted that it was one point to his side. But, he wouldn't make it that easy.

That was his reason behind changing his outfit.

Though, telling M that story would be a very reckless and stupid thing to do. That would definitely lead up to his identity being found unintentionally.

M released a sigh. "Do you have any blueprints or designs?"

Paranoia grinned.

"I'm so glad you asked!"