Chapter Fifteen - Remember

"Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay," I want someone to look me in the eye, hug me tight, and say, "I know your not."

(I'm well aware that the image above is from a webtoon

(I'm well aware that the image above is from a webtoon.)

"Hey" A voice echoed behind him, making the person standing in the middle turn around quickly.

The green headed boy was currently standing in a black abyss that seemed to never reach an end. Though, he managed to be able to see his full body clearly, although there was no light source to be seen.

Where was he? This was an environment that Izuku had never seen before. His photographic memory couldn't conjure any memories of a place like this. So much for having such a bothersome ability. The ability that gave Izuku constant migraines.

He tried scanning around the area he was trapped in. Searching for any sound or movement. Though, his search was unsuccessful.

Was he all alone in this abyss? Did the heroes trap him inside of a warped prison so he didn't have a chance of escape?

Everything was dark. No lights. No sun. And not a trace of any other human than himself.

"You call yourself human?" The same voice that echoed in his ear ushered, suddenly disappearing before Izuku could see the culprit when he looked behind him.

Izuku gritted his teeth, and balled his fists together tightly. Whoever trapped him here was surely crossing his line of comfort.

Although the void was empty and silent, anyone that had the ability to feel emotions could sense the tension rising in the air.

It was clear that the sentence said by the mysterious culprit had triggered bad memories inside of the boy. But instead of breaking down, he remained standing . Though, all the images that went through his mind seemed to be fuzzy and dark. He could never make out what was truly happening. The boy knew the displeased feeling he had when the torture began, but he had never discovered the true story behind his past. Bits and pieces seemed to be jumbled up.

Izuku currently had an aura of displease and animus.

"Have you forgotten everything that has occurred?" The voice teased. It was evident that the owner of those vocals clearly enjoyed his reaction.

It laughed a psychotic giggle. The voice made Izuku freeze for a minute. It sounded familiar.. like it was..

"I thought we had a photographic memory.." It reminded him in a sly manner. Emphasizing the third word.

"Or maybe.. you wanted to forget what really went down on that day~"

Izuku clutched his head tightly as a pounding headache came crashing into his mind. Threatening to tear him apart piece by piece.

Why was this happening now of all times? His
guard needed to be put up. Who knew what was about to happen. The headache he was feeling was normal.. fine..