Chapter Seventeen - Regret

'I just want to disappear'

[𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮 𝓨𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼 𝓑𝓮𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓮]

The rain bit him like needles as he screamed and cried until the taste of blood was all he knew. But still, he clawed at the dirt with his bare fingernails. His fingers tried to grip onto the ground like the blankets on his bed as he recoiled in pain.

His body ached as he lay on the ground, bleeding. The mud was wet and cold on his stomach, and noise came through staticky and broken like a voice thorough a bad phone line. He could vaguely hear footsteps thudding towards him accompanied by shouting.

Still, his vision refused to focus, and the only thing that could identify around him was the grey expanse of the sky above as rain fell onto his burning back.

The ringing in his ears still remained as he could feel the slight movement of his body. A sharp jolt skyrocketed through his insides, causing him to scream in the agony of pain being brought to him.

What did he expect? It was his own fault for ending up in this situation in the first place. Maybe if he wasn't brain-dead like everyone else, would things of turned out differently?

Who was he kidding? No matter how hard he tried, the black-cloaked figure would follow him around relentlessly. Taking pleasure in causing the death of everyone around him. The man named death.

Those are all excuses.

No, they aren't. Haven't you witnessed the horrors he has cast upon my eyes?

You did that to yourself.

Shut up. You know nothing. Stop using your quirk to get inside my head.

You brought this upon yourself.

His breathing paused for a moment. Taking in those words inside without believing them. Or did he truly think that 'death' could have possibly been the cause? How did he come to that conclusion?

The racing thoughts inside of him couldn't process properly. As pain still laced his insides, all he could focus on was the illuminating feeling of guilt and sorrow. Those emotions he wished to erase.

It was impossible though.. He was only a lonely boy who had no talent. All his quirk could do was cause harm to everyone around him.

That's why they tried to lock him up. Tie him in chains. Distance him from the rest of the world. Make sure he never escaped. Guard him every second of the day. Teach him to be obedient. Never showed him the sunlight.

Never care for him.

He could hear himself chuckling in the insides.

You killed them all.