Chapter Nineteen - Subject Thirteen

"If you're just going to criticize me; then why even birth me in the first place?"

[𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒]

"Ҝㄩ尺ㄖᎶ丨尺丨, what is your report on the boy?" Ordered a raspy voice, obviously belonging to the superior man of the two.

The subordinate rested down on one knee, bowing his head down. His left hand held a tight fist in front of his heart while the other made the same fist behind his back.

"He is doing well, sir. Subject thirteen has far exceeded our expectations of him. Quite a feat at his age." Said the subordinate, answering in a calm and mannered voice.

Clapping his hands together, the superior man grinned in delight. Obviously pleased by the report. Though, only a select few knew the truth behind his plans. One of them being the man in front of him. Who never failed to impress.

"Good, good. I'd like you to increase intensity of his training. I believe the last time you reported on him he was at rank twenty-three?" He questioned.

His subordinate nodded his head.

"That's exactly right, master. Though, the boy has climbed the ranks since my last visit. Increasingly more than last time." The subordinate, Kurogiri answered.

This was the expected answer the master predicted. There was a reason why that boy was something in his interests. Perhaps the reason why he thought of him as his favourite? He couldn't tell a soul, it would discourage all the other subjects.

But, he only needed subject thirteen to succeed. Everybody else was a pawn in his game. That boy was the chess board itself. The only reason why his plan was orchestrating itself.

"I see.." His voice trailing off while exploring the thoughts in his head. "I think it's about time I have a nice little visit with him again."

Kurogiri tilted his head even lower.

"Yes master."

A white haired boy stood in the centre of a apocalyptic city, your glaze always meeting eye to eye with the ruins that surrounded him

A white haired boy stood in the centre of a apocalyptic city, your glaze always meeting eye to eye with the ruins that surrounded him. A beige haze filled the air around, leaving him near-sighted.