Chapter 13 - Angie

I decided to team up with the count to make Angie finally talk about what happens with her lately and if Nicolas really does abusing her, but it's not so easy to do.

Whenever I'm in Nicolas' house and we're working Angie never even tries to look at me and after a while I didn't look at her either and at these moments I felt her sad eyes on me which just broke my heart.

I don't really know what to do. Edmond... The count told me to wait, but I don't want to wait! I don't want to wait anymore because she might be in danger while she's living in that house!

One afternoon I went to see Angie and this time I told Nicolas straight away that I want to see her.

- Alright - he nodded, a bit hesitantly - She's in the garden now...

I just nodded then went to the garden and soon I noticed her sitting on a bench, in front of a bunch of roses.

- Watching the roses? - I asked as I arrived behind her.

- Ah, German... - she mumbled - Are you looking for...

- I was looking for you now... Can I sit down?

- Sure - she nodded and I sat down next to here and we were looking at the roses for long minutes in deep silent.

After a while I looked at her, took her hand and softly kissed it.

- Angie...

- Don't start this over again... - she groaned.

- Wait... You didn't even listen me over - I smiled at her, but yet she was right. I wanted to say the same thing again.

- Then what...

- Actually I wanted to ask you if you'd visit me to my hotel room because Ramallo is coming to Paris tonight.

It's true. Before I arrived here I talked to Ramallo and I asked his help in the job and... Simply to join me as I need his help.

- Oh? Does he really? - she gasped.

- Yes - I nodded - I would ask him to bring Vilu too, but they're working hard on a show so she can't miss anything.

- That's understandable - she smiled - I'm sure she'll be amazing!

- Yeah... But we all need you home... - I said softly and held her hand while looking into her eyes.

- German, don't...

- Angie... Is he abusing you? - I asked her, looking straight into her eyes.

- Eh... N...no... Where... Where did you get this idea from...?

- Can you guess? Maybe from your bruises I saw on your arm the other day.

- German! Don't start this over!

- I'm starting this as much as I have to because I'm worried about you, Angie - I cried as I held both her hands.

- German....

- Mrs. Angeles - we both hear the butler's voice coming from behind us - Mr. Nicolas wants to see you now.

Angie sighed deeply before standing up and getting ready to leave, but then I quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her back into my arms.

- Be careful, okay? - I whispered while hugging her tightly.

- Okay... - she replied softly then she gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and left.

I just sighed and looked after her and when I couldn't see her I decided to go home too.