Chapter 18 - Confused

Angie was crying on my shoulder for 5 minutes now when I lifted her head up gently to look into her eyes.

- Sorry... I look horrible - she said as she wiped away her tears.

- Angie... I need to ask you something... - I said.

- What?

- Why don't you divorce... If he's beating you? You shouldn't let him do whatever he wants to do with you...

- German, I... I'd really like to... But I can't... I can't do that...

- Why not?

- I... I...

- Angie, tell me... I wanna help you, please...

- German, no... - she shaked her head.

Just then my phone started vibrating. It was the count, telling me to send Angie back because they're coming back.

- We need to go - I said to Angie as we stood up.

- Huh? Where??

- Back to the party. But one thing I can promise you - I said firmly then I gave her a little box - That I'm not giving up on you just yet...

Angie looked confused then she smiled, touched my cheek then we headed back to the party and just a few seconds later the count and Nicolas also arrived back.

----- TIME SKIP -----

A few hours later the party finished and everyone left to go home, except me and Ramallo.

- Well? - the count came up to me - Could you talk to her?

- I could.... - I muttered.

- And?

- And you were right...

- What?! - Ramallo gasped in horror.

- I was hoping I'll be terribly wrong... - the count sighed - This is not gonna be good... She already seems weak...

- Don't even continue! - I hissed at him - I don't want to hear it!

I had a terrible feeling that what he was about to say and I didn't want to hear it.

- But... Doesn't she want to divorce?? - Ramallo asked after he snapped back to his sense - Doesn't she want to leave??

- I asked her, but she doesn't... For some reason she doesn't want to leave Nicolas... But before I could ask her why properly we needed to come back to the party.

Suddenly Edmond seemed to be knowing something because he also gasped just the way Ramallo did, but he didn't say a word.

- We need to do something! We need to find out why she doesn't want to leave Nicolas! - I groaned - I need to visit her and talk to her again!

- Be very careful, German! - said Edmond - Nicolas is dangerous if he's out of his mind.

- If it's about Angie then for me nothing is too dangerous...

- Atleast if you go then promise me something...

- What?

- That you tell me right away if something bad happened!

- Okay, I can promise you that.

But I hope nothing bad will actually happened...