Chapter 23 - Theater

A few more days passed and I didn't go anywhere too far from Angie's even for a minute and soon they let her out ot the hospital.

I took her with me to the hotel where I was living lately and as soon as we arrived the count and Ramallo came after us too.

- I'm so glad you're alright, Angie - he said as he hugged her tightly.

- I'm glad to see you, Ramallo - Angie smiled as she hugged him back.

- Okay... Excuse me for interrupting, but we still have a little problem here - said the count - That Nicolas is still somewhere outside.

- We have to make sure that he can't hurt any other woman, or anyone anymore! - I said.

- Yes. And I have a plan... Well, if you two would help me in it - he smiled as he looked at me and Angie.

- I'm not sure... - Angie muttered and I could feel the fear in her voice.

To make her calm down I squeezed it tightly.

- I'll be there with you... And everyone else... So he can't hurt you...

She looked up at me then smiled and nodded.

Later on the count told us that we should perform in the theater which was actually already planned, but for Nicolas and Angie and he said he'll take care of everything else.

----- TIME SKIP -----

The next day it was time for the performance and from the stage me and Angie saw that the count and Nicolas were actually sitting together in the audience.

- Don't worry... - said the count's servant and who was actually helping us to get Angie out of that monster's house and who's called Bertuccio - This is the part of his plan...

All we could do was to nod and a few minutes later they called our names and I was the first who needed to start singing as I walked to the stage:

No soy ave para volar,
Y en un cuadro no se pintar
No soy poeta escultor.
Tan solo soy lo que soy

The Angie came, looking a bit nervous, but as soon as our eyes met she seemed to be calming down.

Las estrellas no se leer,
Y la luna no bajare.
No soy el cielo, ni el sol...
Tan solo soy

Her beautiful voice made my heart beat faster and I walked up to her and held her hand tightly.

Meanwhile...

Edmond's POV:

- Is that... - Nicolas gasped next to me when Angie walked up to the stage.

- Angie - I finished his sentence - She's alive... Not thanks to you.

- Oh, don't be ridiculous! - he groaned - She didn't have any reason to die anyway!

He was about to stand up when I pulled him back into his chair.

I had a private place I bought on the first floor so others couldn't see, or hear when we were talking and they also didn't see when "my friend" Villefort came behind us with two policeman as well.

- You're not going anywhere near Angeles! - he said and the two police man grabbed Nicolas by the collar - Or anyone else anymore because you're arrested and I'll make sure you get the worst punishment that anyone could get!

Nicolas went pale and I could see on his face that he was trying to escape, but he saw that there's no point.

Meanwhile the lovely couple continued singing:

Pero hay cosas que si sé,
Ven aquí y te mostraré.
En tu ojos puedo ver....
Lo puedes lograr, prueba imaginar

Podemos pintar, colores al alma,
Podemos gritar iee eê
Podemos volar, sin tener alas...
Ser la letra en mi canción,
Y tallarme en tu voz

No soy el sol que se pone en el mar,
No se nada que este por pasar.
No soy un príncipe azul...
Tan solo soy

Angie's POV:

My happiness couldn't be better! I was so happy and looking into German's eyes again made me even happier and I finally got rid of Nicolas... But I still have something I haven't told him, or anyone else.

Pero hay cosas que si sé,
Ven aquí y te mostraré.
En tu ojos puedo ver....
Lo puedes lograr, (lo puedes lograr...)
Prueba imaginar

Podemos pintar, colores al alma,
Podemos gritar iee eê
Podemos volar, sin tener alas...
Ser la letra en mi canción...

No es el destino,
Ni la suerte que vino por mi.
Lo imaginamos...
Y la magia te trajo hasta aquí...

As we were singing I felt like no one's around us... Just me and him.

At this moment I forgot why I was even mad at him before at the first place...

Podemos pintar, colores al alma,
Podemos gritar iee eê
Podemos volar, si tener alas...
Ser la letra en mi canción...
Podemos pintar, colores al alma,
Podemos gritar iee eê
Podemos volar, si tener alas...
Ser la letra en mi canción...
Y tallarme en tu voz.

At the end we were staring into each other's eyes and without hesitation German kissed me.