The Reason

Serena's POV

" Hey, Dr. Jensen, how are you doing?" I heard a voice from back and turned to see the Queen's nephew Nolan standing there.

" Hi, all good. What about you?" I asked him.

" I am fine. What were you doing?" He asked me.

" Studying." I said shortly to let him know that I was busy.

" Still studying?!! I thought you are a doctor already." He said. I chuckled.

" Yes, I am." I said to him.

" What are you studying?" He asked me.

Will you get it even if I explain you??!

" Just was studying the about the case." I said to him.

" How long will you study?" He asked me.

" I don't know. May be all day long." I said to him.

" All day long?!" He asked me.

" Yes." I said to him.

" Ok. I will stay here accompany you." He said and I was very irritated by his behavior by now.

He saw that I was studying with all my concentration and still sitting here to disturb me. I sighed inwardly and started to study. I needed to study now.

" Am I disturbing you?" He asked me after awhile and I gave him a polite smile. How bad I want to say that on his face that he is disturbing me a lot!!!

" No, it's ok." I said to him without looking at him.

" Suggest me a book. I can read it." He said and I sighed deeply. I took one of the books and handed it to him.

" Clinical Neuroanatomy?!" He read the name of the book and I nodded.

" This is not my topic, Dr. Jensen." He said.

" How will I know that it's not your topic?! You asked me to suggest you a book. So I did that." I said to him. He chuckled a bit. 

" I got it. You must be a bit irritated." He said but I didn't say anything just kept my eyes on my books. " I will not be disturbing you anymore. I will sit here silently." He said. I sighed deeply. I just nodded.

" Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked me. I was irritated as hell.

" This is a personal issue which I am not interested in talking about. I think I will skip this question. Cause, I am here to do my job. My personal life is no way involved in this." I said to him.

" Oh, sorry for asking that." He said and I nodded.

" Ok, I will not ask you anything about your personal life. But will you please come to have dinner with me tonight?" He asked me.

" I am busy." I said to him.

" Then tomorrow?" He asked me.

" I am not free tomorrow." I said to him.

" This weekend?" He asked me.

" I have works to do." I said to him.

" You are acting too innocent. Don't play hard to get." He said and I rolled my eyes.

" You reached me first. What can I do about that, Sir? You know that I am not interested in that still you are asking this to me again and again." I said to him.

" Ok. Do your job." He said to me. " Who knows today is the last day of your job!!" He said.

" Ok." I said to him.

" Alright, Dr. Jensen, I really like your attitude. Infact, I like you already." He said.

" You saw me twice only. How can you develope a feeling that fast?" I asked him.

" Emotions and feelings can't be controlled." He said.

" I am a very practical person. Emotions and sweet words never attracts me anyways." I said to him. He nodded. " If you have nothing else to say then you can leave. There is no use of wasting your time sitting here in the study room. You should enjoy your day." I said to him and concentrate back on my studies.

" You too enjoy your time with your books. I think you do have a boyfriend which is why you are rejecting me. Tell me one thing, is your boyfriend more handsome than me?!" He asked me and I sighed deeply.

I really hate these kind of situation. Why can't a girl be single in her life?! Is this so important to be in a relationship?! Now a days, if a girl says that she is single no one will believe that. A girl can live her life alone without a man in her life. It's not impossible. For me bringing a man in my life is like buying problems. I am not at all interested in that. The only reason I wanted to marry Alvin was his threatening and blackmailing. My family was helpless. Otherwise I would never ever agreed with that issue. I am tired of screaming this to the world that I don't need a man in my life. I want to live alone. I don't need anyone. I am just tired of these dramas. Let me live my life like I want guys.

" Hmm... May be or may be not. I will not give you any explanation about that." I said to him. He nodded and then chuckled.

" I hope you change your mind. If you change your mind then you can call me. I swear you will not regret your decision." He said and I sighed deeply.

" If you are done then the door is that way. Thank you." I said to him and he chuckled before walking out of there.

I kept my head on the desk. I was really tired of this. Infact this one was a very awkward situation. I have been in such a situation but this is my workplace. I wasn't expecting such a situation here. How will I handle this matter?! How long will this guy stay here by the way?!!

" Dr. Jensen?! Are you sleeping again today?" I heard the King and found him standing on the doorstep. I sat straight at once.

" Everything ok?" He asked me as he sat across me.

" I am fine." I said to him.

" You look pale. What happened? Anything wrong?" He asked me.

" I am ok." I said.

I wasn't going to discuss that awkward moment with him anyways. I need to concentrate on my works which is the reason I was here.