Chameleon

Serena's POV

" When will you come back?" Kerry asked me. I smiled.

" Very soon, sweetheart." I said to her. 

" Didn't you go there to lend money from Mr. Velasco?" She asked me.

" Yes, he offered me a job. You know that is better than the one I was doing in the hospital. I will get paid thrice than that." I said to her.

" What kind of job is that?" She asked me.

" It's the job of a personal doctor of a woman." I said to her and she sighed deeply.

" It's better. Way too better." She said.

" How is Dad?' I asked her.

" Same as before. He is regretting a lot these days." She said to me.

" Why?!" I asked her.

" For getting married with Nikki." She and my blood boiled listening her name. Vicious woman. Unfortunately she is my step mother.

" Why so?" I asked her.

" You know what Nikki has done?" She asked me.

" No. What she has done?" I asked her.

" Nikki has found out a rich boyfriend and is in a living in relationship with that guy when she is still married to Dad." She said and I rolled my eyes.

" She cheated on Dad?" I asked her and remembered that the King was saying something like that a few days back. I couldn't imagine Nikki has stooped that low. I shook my head. Is money that important in your life?!  We can live happily with a little earning. If you have money it doesn't mean that you will be able to buy happiness with that money.

" He deserved a slap like that anyways." She said to me. "He thought Nikki actually loves him.Yeah, Nikki loved him till he had money and once the money is gone her love for him got vanished as well. Poor him. I really feel pity on him." She said and I sighed deeply.

" Where is Nikki now?" I asked her.

" Don't know. Who cares??" She said. " Do you know that Alvin got vanished somewhere? His family is looking for him he is nowhere to be found." She said and I didn't say anything. I knew what must have happened to him.

" Oh, how is that happened?" I asked her.

" No one knows that. He was last seen at the airport of Stockholm. His mother came to our house and kept asking for you. She thinks you have anything to do with this." She said to me and I chuckled.

" I have nothing to do with that." I said to her.

" I know. Dad told her that we don't know where he is. It's better that he is not around. If he was around then he would definitely react on the topic that you are working for someone else for money." She said.

" Leave it, Kerry. You just get well soon. I will send you money. You don't worry about it. Just take your medicines properly and follow the instructions of the doctor. I will be back soon." I said to her.

" Yes, come back soon. I miss you a lot." She said to me. I smiled.

" I miss you too." I said to her.

" Ok. Bye then. Take care." She said and I smiled.

" You too take care." I said to her and she hung up. I sighed deeply. God knows when I will go back home.

" So, you work here for money?" I heard someone saying. I turned to see Nolan. I took a deep breath to control my anger.

" Why not? Do you think people do jobs without getting paid? Everyone works to earn money. I am also doing that. I don't think it's illegal." I asked him. He chuckled. I rolled my eyes. " If you don't have anything else to say then I think I will leave now." I said to him.

" If you work for money then I can play you thrice than you are getting from Ivan. What do you say?" He asked me and I took a deep breath.

" No thanks, Sir. I am getting paid enough here for my works." I said to him. " I don't need much more than that. I am satisfied with my jobs."

" You can get satisfied either way if you work for me." He said. I smiled.

" No thanks, Sir. I don't need to be satisfied either way. I am satisfied with myself anyways." I said to him.

" You are making a mistake." He said to me.

" I did a lot of mistakes in my life. So, I don't have any regret about my decisions. I think you have no works to do in your life. You are spending time lazily these days. You must be distracted a lot. You must have lost interest in your life. If so then do one think consult a psychiatrist, you need help." I said to him.

" I don't need Psychiatrist but I needed something else." He said to me. " But you are not agreeing with that."

" Then it's better if you stay as you are. I can't help you in this." I said to him.

" What's wrong here?" We heard the voice from back and found the King himself standing there. " What's going on?" He asked me.

" Your Highness, your cousin was offering me thrice of I am getting paid here to be his mistress." I said to him. It was very irritating to me now.

" What??!" He asked us.

" Yes." I said to him. He narrowed his eyes at him.

" Nolan!!!" The King said to his cousin. 

" What happened, Ivan? Why are you getting into this topic now?" He asked the King.

" Don't forget this is my house. You are standing in the castle and telling me not to interfering in something or not?!" The King asked him.

" Why are you getting serious? I was joking. I wasn't saying that seriously. Why will I offer Dr. Jensen such a thing? She is a woman with dignity." He said and I kept looking at him weirdly. Like really?!!

" Whatever!!! You please don't be around Dr. He Jensen." He said to his cousin.

" Don't worry. I won't be around him." Nolan said to him. I rolled my eyes.

How easily he changed color like a Chameleon!!!