Kidnapped

Miranda's POV

" Is he dead?" Reben asked out of nowhere.

" I prefer you to be silent." JC said to him.

" What's wrong, JC?" Danny asked JC.

" Let me check him first." JC said.

" Mr. O'Brien, cops are here looking for you." Louis said and Mr. O'Brien nodded.

" I will go and check." He said and I followed him. We found the cops in the living room.

" Mr. O'Brien!!" One of them asked.

" It's me." Mr. O'Brien said.

" So, you called us?" He asked.

" Yes, I have called you awhile back." Mr. O'Brien said.

" What happened actually?" They asked him.

" This morning I went backyard and found the boy lying on the ground unconsciously. I brought him home and then called you." Mr. O'Brien said.

" You know nothing but these?" The policeman asked.

" No. I just found him there this morning and for your kind information I wasn't at home last night. I came home this morning. So, if something happened here last night then I am not at all aware of that fact" Mr. O'Brien said.

" Where were you last night?" One of them asked him.

" What kind of question is this Officer? People do have works to do. It's their personal issue." I said to them.

" She?" They asked Mr. O'Brien.

" She is my neighbor." Mr. O'Brien said.

" So, ma'am, do you know what happened last night as you are so confidently saying that Mr. O'Brien is not involved in this matter?" One of the cops asked and I rolled my eyes. Stupid!!!

" Look, officer. I meant to say that Mr. O'Brien wasn't home last night it's his personal matter. You can't doubt on him like that. If he was involved with this matter then why would he call you all to inform you the matter?." I asked him.

" To make him look innocent and skip the procedure later." The office said. I was about to say something but Mr. O'Brien stopped me.

" Officer,I went to LA last week to attend a meeting. If you have doubt on me then I can give you the proofs. I have no problem with that." Mr. O'Brien said and he nodded. I twisted my lips secretly at the cops.

" Can we meet the boy?" One of the cops said.

" He is under treatment." I said.

" Still we have to meet him." They said.

" Ok, please, come with me." Mr. O'Brien said.

We reached the room and we found JC already put dressing on the scars and he was applying ointment on the wound of the boy.

" So, he is the boy?" One of the cops asked.

" Yes, he is the boy." Mr. O'Brien said to him.

" Hmm.. we need to transfer him to the hospital." One of the cops said.

" No need. He will be fine in one or two weeks. He needs rest. He will be ok. You don't have to be worried." JC said.

" Sorry, who are you?" The cops asked him.

" I am Dr.  Jackie Chan. In short JC." JC extended his hand toward the cops. They shook hand with him.

" Your name is very familiar." One of the cops said to him.

" I know that. It's the name of a famous person. My name was also inspired from his." JC said. " The famous actor, martial artist-" JC was saying but Danny stopped him.

" JC, no need to give them a lecture on this. They know who Jackie Chan is. You just tell them how is this boy doing and answer their questions. Enough for now." Danny said to him.

" Alright. What do you want to know about him?" JC asked the cops.

" Doctor, is the wound severe?" The cops asked.

" No. It's not that serious. We will give him painkillers. I think that will help him. He will get well soon. You can ask him what happened to him then. But let him wake up first." JC said.

" Can we take him with us?" The cops asked.

" He will be cared properly here as well, officer." Danny said. " You can take his photo and look for his family. Let him stay here. At least there will be people around him 24/7. If you take him to the hospital he may not be comfortable when he wakes up." Danny said.

" Danny is right, Officer. Let him stay here. When you find his family just give them our address. They will take him home. You guys can trust us. We will take care of him." Louis said.

" We know that you will. Ok, we will let him stay here until he wakes up. Then let him decide what he wants and what not." The cops said.

" Thanks, officer." Danny said.

" Very well." They said and left.

" Wow!!! Those stupid cops agreed with you that easily?" I asked him and he rolled his eyes.

" He is aunt Edna's classmate. He knows us very well. That's why he agreed with me to leave the boy here." Danny said. I chuckled.

" Danny, I think someone has tortured this boy. These marks says that. Now someone will not hit himself. And it's impossible for a boy of 13 or 14 to hit himself like this." Louis said to him and he nodded.

" I was thinking the same." Danny said.

" If that's so then it can be possible that the person who has tortured him may be searching for him." Louis said.

" May be. Or who knows may be that person has left him here." Danny said.

" The CCTV footage!!!" Louis said.

" Oh, yes. We can find it out how he came here and help the cops too. Let's go." Danny said.

" Mr. O'Brien, we will be right back. Reben and JC will be here. Tell them if you need anything." Danny said to him.

" Ok. No worries." Mr. O'Brien said and we walked out of there.

" Are you sure this will work?" I asked him.

" Of course." Danny said and we walked into Winsdor's house. I found Ivan sitting on the couch.

" What happened?" He asked me.

" Nothing happened yet but they boy is a bit injured." I said to him.

" Was he kidnapped?" He asked me and I realized that we missed this point. He might have kidnapped.