3.

Adam finally drove out his estate. Sometimes he hated how huge it was because of times he was in a hurry but on normal days he adored being in a nature themed surrounding.

His black SUV swerved on the road as he sped towards his parents house. Thankfully they lived just like four busstops away from his house.

Adam's hand clenched the steering wheel tighter than usual and beads of sweat ran down his forehead. He kept unknowingly biting his lower lip.

An emergency?

The last time his mum had called due to emergency was when his Dad's asthma was acting up again.

They had to take him to the hospital immediately he had an asthma attack.

Though he hadn't had one in years now and all seemed fine as long as he was always with his inhaler and steered clear of dusty environments.

Did it happen again? Adam fretted inwardly. He slammed his feet on the gas pedal of his vechicle making speed faster.

After turning down a sharp bend and driving into a street, he finally arrived at his parents house.

He recklessly parked his car somewhere in the neighborhood and hurried out of it.

Adam didn't bother opening the low gate that led to their compound, he jumped over it and started running to the house front door.

"Open up, I'm here! Open up!!" Adam shouted as he banged the door.

He then turned the door knob and found it was open, he immediately barged into the house and started looking around wildly.

"Mum!" Adam yelled as he turned his head in different directions.

Just then a young girl of about fourteen decended the stairs with a frightened look, only to see it was Adam in the sitting room.

"Big bro! Why'd you barge in like that?! You gave me a fright!" Anna gasped as she held her racing heart.

"Call an ambulance quickly!" Adam instructed his adopted sister sharply and brushed by her as he made his way upstairs to his parents room.

"What's up with him?" Anna wondered in a dilemma before shaking her head and walking to the dinning room.

"Dad! Dad!!" Adam's yell could be heard from upstairs. He then hurried down the stairs again.

"Anna!" he yelled as he ran to the dinning room. "Where's Dad? Where is he?!"

He met her pouring cereals into a bowl.

"What?" She turned to face him.

"Where's dad?" Adam asked hastily again.

"Oh Dad--" Anna started but Adam quickly interrupted with another question.

"Where did mum go? Where are they?!"

"Oh mum's in the--" Anna was saying when he cut in with yet another question.

"Did you call an ambulance already?! We have to find dad!"

"Gee relax, big bro," Anna pushed his hands away from her shoulders as he was shaking her with every question he asked.

Just then their mother entered the dinning room.

Adam immediately noticed her red eyes and wet eyelids.

"Adam," she smiled. "You're here."

"No..." Adam whispered and fell to his knees. Had something bad happened to their dad but their mum hadn't told Anna yet and she was pretending to be fine?