16.

The door keeper opened the glass door for Adam and the kids once they got to the entrance.

After nodding his thanks, Adam led them all inside.

Scarlett gasped as she took in her surroundings.

She could see the lush green plants peeking out from various well arranged earthenwares. A grand chrystal chandelier hung above them and the floor was wooden but recently polished as it gleamed. Various art paintings were hung around.

Adam gestured for them to follow him.

He walked up to the fancy counter and tapped it twice, gaining the attention of the man seated behind it. His hair was a thin on top and was pale gray in color. The man had on a monocle that had a silver chain attached to it.

His outfit was a complete set of suit.

"Goodday, how may I help you?" He asked, his question directed at Adam.

His words came out laced with boredom in a sleepy way. One would think he was a nonchalant fellow, but the sharp strict glint in his eyes told otherwise.

"Hello," Adam replied. "I'd like a reservation for six please."

"Hold on, please." The man hit some keys on the computer that was placed on the lower desk beside the counter.

"May I have your ID card?" the man looked up at Adam and asked.

"Sure." Adam slipped him the card.

Lucy's gaze landed on the nametag placed on the counter.

"You're Gregory?" she asked suddenly.

"Yes," his mouth turned down, displeased at the interruption with his work.

"Sorry," Lucy whispered the apology but he had faced the system again.

Scarlett let out a small impatient cough.

Gregory looked up again, displeased.

"Could you please hurry it up?" Adam said, making Gregory turn towards him.

"Certainly, sir," Gregory drawled out with his mouth curved downwards.

He returned Adam's card to him. "Mr Adam, you're enlisted in the VIP section. Would you like your usual table or perhaps prefer another offer?" he asked dully.

"I'd like a private room thanks," Adam replied. A private room meant it was only going to be the six of them and a few staffs in the room. No other person would eat there.

"Of course sir," Gregory said and reached for the landline that was on the counter. Caleb drew his hands away from tapping on the counter when Gregory turned to face him.

"Could you please hurry up?" Adam said when Scarlett tugged him, making Gregory turn to him once more.

"Certainly sir, pardon my incompetence," Gergory murmured and started dialing a number.

"Thomas would please come down and lead Mr Adam to his table? He's made a reservation for six. I've sent you all the details." Gergory placed the receiver down.

"Do be gracious enough to wait sir, your accompanier will be down shortly," Gregory said and gestured to the black leathered vintage waiting chairs that faced a flat screen TV which was put on but the volume wasn't so loud.

"Thank you," Adam said and took a seat as Gregory as directed. Scarlett plopped down on the chair next to his. Immediately the awkward sound was made; her eye came in contact with Gregory and his mouth curved downwards, displeased, before cutting off eye contact.