9.

For a while the atmosphere was a bit tense but Scarlett's constant giggling and asking of silly questions as to why the pieces of silverware were stratigically placed on the table, broke the tensed atmosphere; making everywhere lively again.

They all watched Adam observantly as he pulled out his napkin and flapped it, before tucking it underneath his chin.

"Ha-ah!" Caleb gave a yell of victory as he turned to Reece. "I told you it was like that!"

Reece did a small scowl and pulled out his napkin as well and started flapping it roughly.

"I believe this is how he did it," Matt said with an air of pride as he took his napkin and began to shake it.

"That's not it Matt," Caleb said dissaprovingly, shaking his head. He aslo grabbed his napkin and tried to flap it at one go.

Adam's puzzled eyes went round the table.

He wondered why on earth they were trying to do what he did.

Scarlett tugged his sleeves and he turned to her.

Though he had sat at the head of the table, she took the seat that was closest to his.

"Could you help me do mine?" she pleaded, handing him her napkin.

Adam shrugged inwardly as he collected the napkin from Scarlett. He flapped it the way he normally did and tucked it under her chin.

She giggled as she watched the three boys still struggling to get it right.

Adam cleared his throat and they all looked at him.

"It's like this." He removed his napkin from underneath his chin and flapped it again.

"It's in the wrist," Matt noted and tried again, he fairly got it right but he shoved it under his chin anyway.

Reece's napkin was the roughest so far.

"With practice and time you'd get it right," Adam assured them with a chuckle when he saw how sulky Reece was acting because even Matt had did a better job than his. And he was older.

After a hearty breakfast of ham and eggs, with a blend of bacon and a few sausages with a drink of yogurt; Adam headed out the door.

He paused as he opened it.

"Don't forget," he said looking back at them as they stood by the doorway, watching him.

"Before I come back from work you must all be gone or else I'm calling an orphanage. I would respect your decision and I won't turn you in now, but if by the time I return and I see my own decision wasn't respected as well, I'm turning you all in," Adam told them.

Reece looked away while Lucy nodded.

"Could I take this book with me?" Matt asked.

"Yeah, sure," Adam said nonchalantly. As he was about to step out, Scarlett ran and hugged his leg.

"I would miss you," she sobbed.

Adam patted her head.

"Take care of her," he told Lucy, all the while staring at Scarlett. "I un...I left some money on the center table in the sitting room, share it between yourselves or whatever. I don't care."

Caleb gently pulled the crying Scarlett towards him.

"Thank you for accomodating us last night," Lucy said pleasantly.

"I wish I never came here in the first place," Reece grumbled.

"Goodbye sir." Caleb waved a bit.