30.

Adam sighed and opened his eyes. "Vanessa, listen; it slipped out, honestly," he murmured, rubbing his left arm.

"No." She closed her eyes.

"You listen to me."

She then glared at him furiously.

"Ever since they came knocking at your door, I've noticed you've changed. Towards me especially. You need to get your head right Adam, we'll be married soon. Trust me you don't want to loose me and everything else you've built because that's what would happen if our relationship crumbles."

She then took a step back. "Have a safe flight and a nice time as well," she spat venomously.

Adam caught her hand.

"You're not coming?"

She shook his hand off and scoffed. "Of course I'm not coming."

Adam frowned again. "Why the heck not? It was your idea to go camping in the first place."

"No," Vanessa scowled at him. "My idea was us signing up for Love-Hike, a camping trip for celebrity couples that would be filmed and at the end of the trip the viewers get to suggest which couple ship was stronger. That's what I suggested, not a private camping with some stray kids."

"What's the big difference? Just because the whole world's not watching us, you want to back out?" Adam asked sharply.

"Yes." Vanessa snorted.

"Have fun with you precious kids," she said sarcastically before turning to walk away.

"I will!" Adam yelled at her retreating figure.

"Good!" she snapped back at him without turning back.

"Yeah! Good!" Adam turned back and went out another way.

Adam turned round the corner and saw Tyson leaning on the wall. It was obvious he heard everything.

"Plane's ready and the kids are already aboard it," Tyson said coolly.

"Good," Adam said a bit distracted.

Tyson threw his arm round Adam's neck as they walked to where the jet was. "You know I think it's a good thing cruella de'vil isn't coming," Tyson said and tsk-ed. "She's such a snob that looks down on anyone of lower status than she."

"Please Tyson," Adam said in a steel voice. He was in no need of listening to Tyson's comment this time.

Tyson looked at him with his side eye. "You know, it's like the trash took itself out. No wonder no one likes her," Tyson said, his tone laced with humor.

Adam stopped walking and glared at Tyson after shrugging his arm off his shoulder.

Tyson feeling gutsy, decided to wink.

"Stop it, Tyson," Adam warned before walking on.

Tyson threw his arm around Adam's shoulder again not daunted by Adam's reaction.

"You know your mum and dad really like these kids and no one like Vanessa at all, I think it's a sign," Tyson went on. "Plus didn't you say God told you clearly to take them in?"

"I'm not letting them go, Tyson," Adam glared at his best friend for the second time.

"I know, but trust me; you can't keep them and Vanessa at the same time," Tyson said with a simple smile.

"What do you mean?" Adam frowned slightly.

"Vanessa doesn't like the kids and the kids don't like her either...it's a one on one buddy, you can't have both," Tyson replied and shrugged.