11.

"Can't we just reschedule it or something?" Adam asked, getting annoyed by her dismissive attitude.

She was always planning things and making lots appointment with various people, he hardly had time to catch his breath.

When he voiced his opinion about the too much publicity she had gone into a fit about how her modeling career required her face to be known everywhere and her engagement to the top CEO of their city must not go unnoticed.

She scoffed.

"Reschedule it? Don't be silly Adam. You very well know a lot of people are vying for that spot, before we can book another appointment it would take some weeks at least and by then they would have selected another celebrity couple to be the face of their magazine."

He knew she had rolled her eyes at this moment.

"And you know Tracy, she's the actress that has always been competing with me for spots like this! She couldn't stomach her jealousy when I got engaged to you, you know, you being the richest CEO and all, she went to get engage to Jack. That famous musician as well."

Her voice went shrill like.

"She's always trying to outdo me! That was how she got a top designer to make her clothes for her personally the same week I got mine. She's really annoying," Vanessa whinned.

"You sound childish, Vanessa." Adam snorted. "Do you hear yourself? So I'm supposed to come to some appointment because you want to best out some snooty pompous celebrity like yourself?"

"You don't understand Adam! It's not fair! You're sounding so selfish right now! I'm your fiancee, are you saying that your companies are more important than me?!" 

"It's just a stupid magazine, Vanessa. They'll be plenty more to come. It's not a must we should be the face of their magazine," Adam fumed at her.

"Stop making it personal!"

"It is personal! When it involves Tracy, it always is!" Vanessa argued.

"So you'd put your stupid feud over being understanding that I'm needed at work?!" Adam demanded.

"You can have your CFO take care of that!" Vanessa said then added scornfully. "Or why is he even your CFO?"

"Vanessa, we are not having this conversation! You very well know that Tyson had a rough life and--" Adam looked up.

He didn't even know when he had sat up during the heated discussion.

"Big sis says food is ready," Scarlett informed him with a big grin.

Adam nodded and brought the phone back to his ear.

"Listen, I have to go."

"Don't forget 7:00am Adam. Be there or I won't be happy with you," Vanessa said curtly and Adam let out a small grunt.

They both hung up at the same time.

Adam huffed frustrated as he kept his phone on his beside table.

He saw Scarlett looking at him with a curious gaze.

"You sounded mad earlier, are you angry?" she asked in a childish voice.

Adam's expression softened. He waved his hand dismissively. "It's nothing. Adult stuff."

Her eyes grew big, "Is it work?"

Adam looked a bit amused, "Not really. It's...complicated." He ruffled her hair when he saw her scrunch her nose trying to think about it. "Don't worry about it, now let's go eat. I'm starving," Adam said and held her chubby hand as they went outside.