14.

Lucy looked at the extravagant beauty salon. She hesitated at the sliding doors, unsure to go in. Some teenage girls passed her by, gossiping as they entered the salon.

A hand rested on her shoulder.

She looked back and saw Adam holding the very excited Scarlett.

"Um...," she said and looked back at the building. "I don't really think this is necessary, Mr Adam."

"Oh c'mon." Adam laughed. "You're not shy are you?"

"No!" Lucy denied firmly. "It's just...the place is ridiculously big and flambouyant."

"I don't mind," Scarlett grinned cheekily.

"That's my girl," Adam laughed again and patted her hair.

Reece snorted. "I think it's a shame to waste huge money all on some stupid girls fashion house or whatever," he said and rolled his eyes.

"I think it's kinda cool," Caleb admitted.

"This is a waste of time," Matt muttered, looking away.

Adam turned to them; "You know, you guys are also going to the barber's shop. We're just here to drop the girls off."

"My hair is fine as it is," Reece insisted.

"Have you checked yourself in a mirror?" Caleb teased.

"Look who's talking!" Reece fired back hotly.

"Alright, alright....that's enough," Adam interrupted what seemed to be the beginning of an argument. "You're all going to the barber's shop. No need to quarrel about it."

Lucy was still debating whether to go in or not.

"Okay listen, I'll come in with you," Adam said.

"No...it's not necessary," Lucy murmured still looking at the building.

"I'm coming with you two," Adam said and turned to the boys. "You guys should stay right here, I'll be back soon so don't wander off or get into any trouble."

With that he held Lucy in his left hand and Scarlett in his right.

The three of them entered the beauty salon.

A midle aged women walked up to them quickly, with a smile plastered on her face.

She had on a dark blue pencil skirt on a yellow shirt with long fitted long sleeves. Her black hair was curly and was done in a bun plait.

The make-up she had was a bit moderate.

Her light blue eyes lit up when she finally reached them.

"Hello," she said cheerily. "Welcome to Queens' beauty salon, where your hair is our top priority."

Lucy inwardly rolled her eyes, she knew that was a rehearsed line.

"Hey there," Adam glanced down at her name tag that was pinned to her shirt. "Stacy."

"That's my name," she grinned at Adam.

"I'd like you to give these two girls a make over," he said and slightly nudged Lucy and Scarlett forward.

"Oh my!" She gasped as she stared at them. "They really do need a make over!"

She clapped excitedly. "You've brought your daughters to the right place sir," she said and bent to Scarlett's height.

"No um...," Adam's voice faltered.

"Hey sweetie," Stacy smiled warmly at Scarlett who stared at her. "My name is Stacy, what's yours?" she asked sweetly.

Scarlett was just quiet as she looked at the over energetic woman. All Scarlett's previous excitedness flew out of the window and she very much wanted to leave. She stepped back and clutched Adam's hand tightly.