21.

Lucy attempted to get out of the jeep and rush towards the house but Adam stopped her by locking the door from his side of the controls.

"Mr Adam!" Lucy looked at him with panicked eyes.

"Thanks for the information," Adam told the teen and gave him the money he was holding.

"No problem big guy!" The boy grinned and ran off.

Adam then turned to face Lucy. "You are not stepping out of the jeep. It's going to be dangerous out there, they might not listen to you and cart you away as well."

They all turned and saw the police men bringing some teenage boys and girls out of the building. Some were bruised as they had put up a fight and they got hit by the police baton in the process.

"But Reece is still--" Caleb started but Adam cut him off.

"I'll go get Reece," Adam said as he unbuckled his seatbelt. "But you all must remain inside, okay?"

They all nodded.

Caleb turned to face the window again while Lucy closed her eyes tightly, shutting out her view of the police men and those they were dragging out of the house. Matt's heart was beating fast out of anxiety while Scarlett was frightened.

Adam looked back and kept his gaze on Scarlett.

"It's going to be okay. I'll get him out now, I promise," he assured her with a small smile and she nodded.

He then went out of the jeep and walked towards the police men. The remaining kids watched him from the jeep.

Just then a police dragged out a familiar dark haired boy by the scruff of his neck.

Adam's fist clenched and his eyes grew stormy with anger when he saw the purple bruise that was forming on Reece's left hand and the black eye he had.

His new white jacket wasn't on him anymore and his green long sleeve that he had on as an inner wear was brownish all over with dirt.

Reece was still being head strong and struggling with the police man as he was being led away into their van.

At once a baton was landed on his head making him grit his teeth in pain.

As Adam approached them he could make out the words they were saying.

"Look cop," Reece growled. "You've got the wrong guy. I ain't one of them. I just entered some minutes ago."

"Shut up," the police man snarled. "You're one of those highway robbers. Don't think we didn't find the duffel bag and the other things you stole. You and your friends were struggling for the loot when we arrived, weren't you?"

"What?!" Reece all but exclaimed.

"I ain't got no friend in that building. Jack and his gang was just trying to take my stuffs! They're mine! I didn't steal them from no one!"

"Shut up and move, Reece. I know a thief when I see one and you are a thief!" The police man hit Reece again as he was still struggling.

"Let me go you doofus! I ain't done nothing wrong!" Reece snapped at him.

"Get in the van, Reece!" The police man shoved him but Reece struggled to maintain his ground.

"Unhand him at once!" Adam said in an authoritative voice as he marched up to the police man.

Two other police men walked up to them on seeing Adam glaring at the police man that held Reece.

"Morning sir," one of them greeted. "Don't fret, we aren't harming them. Just giving them justice."