31.

Soon Adam drove into Vanessa's parents compound.

It was so huge and there was well trimmed trees lined up beside the carved road for vechicles. Lamp posts also stood at various places, making everywhere light up considerably.

Adam could see from the faint distance a cluster of willow trees.

There was a lake on their property just some feets besides the trees, the willow leaves acting as a small covering.

Adam pulled up in the parking lot.

Since Vanessa's dad was used to receiving lots of important guests that had cars, he had a parking lot built up. Adam thought it was a waste of money as they could just park anywhere seeing there was a lot of ground on the property.

Adam got down and so did Vanessa when she realised he wasn't going to act as a personal chauffeur and open the door every time she wants to board or exit the car.

She pouted a bit but he wasn't looking at her, Adam's eyes were trained on the giagantic mansion that stood before him.

It was well lit and decorated. There was statues at some various points beside the main building.

Vanessa looped her arm round Adam again.

As they made their way to the main entrance, they passed two huge fountains.

Vanessa pushed the door bell and a sharp jingle was heard inside the house. Soon shuffle of footsteps were heared and the door was thrown open by a youth, supposedly the butler.

Adam noticed they had fired their last one.

The youth bidded them in and politely took Adam's overcoat.

At first Adam had tried to be extra friendly to the staffs in Vanessa's parent house. To go beyond boss and worker level but alas his effort was all in vain as it wasn't up to two weeks when he re-visted, most of the staffs he knew had been changed.

After trying to be familiar with the staffs for the eighth time, he gave up when everytime he came he always saw a new face.

There was no need befriending those that wouldn't stay long, trying to impress anyone.

Now it was just polite 'hellos', 'goodbyes' and 'thankyous.'

"Madam and Sir are in the leisure room, I'll go annouce your arrival. Would you please wait here while I do?" the butler said in a formal tone.

"Go tell mum and dad we're here," Vanessa instructed and he bowed a bit before walking off.

Adam didn't like the tone Vanessa used with the butler. Just because he was on a lower financial status didn't mean she was allowed to disrespect him.

But he knew better than to voice out his thoughts in her parents house.

The last time he'd done that, he was full of regrets as Vanessa's temper flared up and she wouldn't keep her voice down; eventually when her mother came out, Vanessa whined about the issue.

Right away her mother sided her while he was scolded a bunch on not knowing how to 'act' like a wealthy person.

He had to quietly bear everything.

Adam looked around.

Their waiting room could be mistaken for a family's sitting room as it was uniquely furnished. There was even a medium sized fish tank at the corner of the room. Adam was sure the breakable fruit bowl that was on the table cost a six digit number.

Everything spelt class, yet it was just the waiting room; no one spent much time there.

One would wonder how the sitting room or any other rooms would look like.