32.

Adam and Vanessa were ushered into the grand dining room.

The manservant pulled out a vintage chair for Adam while another did the same for Clarissa and Vanessa. The table was huge and long, draped and covered with a pure white table-cloth.

It was set formally and a gold colored candle stand sat at the center of the table beside the centerpiece vase that contained exotic flowers.

Not sooner had they entered, James strolled in as well.

Adam noticed he and Clarissa were both dressed formally and he wondered why on earth they dressed corporately when they ought to be relaxed in their own house. He knew it wasn't just becuase they were having dinner with him and Vanessa, her parents normally dressed up like that.

A butler poured wine into their wine glasses.

James sat at the head of the table while his wife sat on the left seat almost next to him, Vanessa sat at the right corner while Adam sat beside her.

"Sorry for coming late," James said with a chuckle. "That was a..." He looked at Adam and winked. "Multi-million call."

Vanessa and Clarissa bursted out in foolish laughter. Adam joined them but his laughter was forced.

James felt pleased that everyone was humored by his statement.

He snapped his fingers to the servants and immediately they started serving the dishes.

"Would you like some baked fish?" a servant asked Adam.

"Un...yes please," Adam smiled at the servant.

"Did I ever mention how that fish was obtained?" James asked with proud airs.

"You didn't tell anyone darling," Clarissa giggled.

"Oohhh....tell him, daddy," Vanessa said gleefully.

"I got it for the standard price of 40,000 Ceeds," James bragged.

"40,000?" Clarissa gaped. "You didn't tell me about that honey," she accused with a small scowl.

"For just one fish." James completed as a servant put a dish down in front of him.

Adam froze midway chewing. He swallowed quickly and put his knife and fork down. "Just one fish is 40,000 ceeds?" he asked suprised.

"Yes, yes, I had much to spare afterall," James grinned at his wife. "Help yourself." He gestured at Adam towards the silver bowl that held the other baked fishes.

"Would you like another, sir?" the servant asked.

"No, thank you," Adam replied politely as he dabbed his mouth with his napkin. He couldn't believe only he had wolfed down a whole forty thousand ceed fish.

"That napkin was given to us as a gift by Lady Georgia, wasn't it honey?" Clarissa asked James.

"Oh yes," James put down his fork that held a piece of fish and looked at Adam. "Actually it was me that was gifted the napkins. She was dreadfully greatful for the 7.8 billion ceeds I donated for her stables to be rebuilt."

"Um..." Adam lowered the napkin from his mouth.

Vanessa was too busy picking her food like a little bird to notice his discomfort.

"It was specially made you see, only fit for kings. Gold threading, carefully handstiched," James went on while Clarissa nodded in affirmation.

Adam replaced the napkin on the table again, making a mental note not to pick it up again.