25.

Adam grudgingly opened his eyes because Scarlett was shaking him exitedly, saying some lines about school or something.

He tiredly sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Wakie wakie, It's morning!" Scarlett shrieked excitedly.

Adam sat up slowly.

"I'm up, I'm up," he laughed and ran his hand through his hair.

"Good morning!" Scarlett grinned widely at him. Adam patted her head before getting out of bed and walking towards the bathroom. Scarlett then ran out of the room yelling for everybody else to get up as well.

After Adam had freshened up, he glanced at the time and groaned.

It was just twenty-four minutes past four.

"Scarlett!!" Adam yelled as he went out of the room.

He heard some noise coming from the boys room and headed that way.

He saw a grumpy looking Reece using his leg to obstruct Scarlett from entering their room. A dark blue quilt was wrapped around Caleb who peered at Scarlett from where he stood behind Reece.

"Go away, Scarlett!" Reece growled at her.

He hated being disrupted from sleep, the same way he hated sleeping early.

Scarlett clung to his leg stubbornly.

"It's morning! Time to prepare to check out schools! Stop being sleepy!" She tried to crawl under Reece's leg to enter the room to drag Matt out of bed as well but Reece obstructed her with his other leg.

"Go back to bed, Scarlett!" Reece yelled at her.

"Yeah! It's just--" Caleb glanced back inside the room to check the time from the wallclock. "4:25am!"

"Yeah!" echoed Matt from inside the room. With all the fuss Scarlett was creating, he found it difficult to resume his sleep.

"It's morning already!" Scarlett insisted stubbornly and tried to push past Reece but he was stronger than she was and he didn't let her inside the room.

"Scarlett," Adam called and they all turned to look at him where he stood some few meters away from them.

Scarlett immediately ran to Adam and started tugging his sleeves, trying to pull him towards the boys room.

"They don't wanna wake up!" Scarlett complained inbetween a childish huff as she didn't succeed in moving Adam.

Reece scowled at Scarlett. "Whyever should we wake up this early?"

"Why are you even awake by this time?" Caleb asked her with a slight frown.

Adam smiled a bit and kept his right hand on Scarlett's head.

"Easy now Scarlett; it's true that it is morning but it's still quite early to go check out the schools now," Adam explained gently.

"Yeah!" The three boys agreed in a harsher note.

Scarlett did a small pout.

"What's the hurry anyway?" Reece snorted.

She faced him fiercely and declared, "I love school!"

Caleb winced a bit but no one noticed except Adam.

"Well go get an award for that or something; don't ever bug me this early again Scarlett, especially for school again with all the teachers and snobby students...yuck," Reece's scowl deepened as the thought of how school was going to be came into his mind.