19.

Adam's alarm clock beeped.

7:00am.

He strectched out his hand and turned it off. He wasn't needed in the office until 10:00am. Adam looked to his left side and saw Scarlett curled up beside him, snoring softly.

Her hair was done in a simple pony-tail and she was wearing one of the brand new dark purple pajamas he had bought for her on Saturday.

Adam realized why he was feeling a bit odd.

It was Monday.

The kids were leaving.

He groaned at the thought and turned on the bed, facing the balcony. The doors leading to his room balcony was open. All weekend he had been praying for...for anything. He didn't have a particular thing he wanted to pray for but he just wanted God to do something.

Since God brought them to him, he figured God could take them away as well.

But of course he received no response but silence.

He frowned as he remembered how he had prayed fervently for their parents or relative to just show up, he remembered how he had prayed for normalcy again.

But what did he receive in the end from God?

Silence.

Fine. Adam huffed inwardly and backed the balcony. If God wants to give me the silent treatment. Fine.

I'm not wrong. He thought stubbornly and his gaze landed on Scarett agin. Adam sighed and closed his eyes. Neither is he. He thought dejectedly.

Scarlett slowly opened her eyes and yawned, stretching her left hand while her right hand rubbed her sleepy eyes.

Adam thought his heart would burst with the cute gesture.

He was so sure that Scarlett would be awarded little Miss Cutie if she ever went for the competition. It was a beauty pageant that occured annually in their city.

A lot of famous and wealthy people always applied for their children since only four – six years old were allowed.

Adam scoffed at the idea.

I wouldn't even want that stupid life for her.

He thought.

"Good morning!" Scarlett shrieked cheerfully, attacking him with a hug. Adam laughed and returned her gesture.

"Morning Scarlett, what about you go meet Lucy to help you fresh up?" He suggested.

Scarlett took a whiff of her morning breath and gagged. Adam chuckled as she bolted up from the bed and raced to the door.

"Hey! Tell the others that I have an announcement okay? We'll all see downstairs!" Adam yelled as Scarlett ran out of the room.

He heard her faint response as she tumbled down the hall.

He chuckled and sat up in bed.

Maybe I can do this. He thought optimistically. They're not that bad to have around. And this house is big enough for everyone. Adam looked around his room and smiled.

He walked to the balcony and gazed at the orchard, bustling with wildlife. I guess the orchard need some kids to run around in it.., harvest some fruits. He smiled as he imagined them all picking up the windfall apples.

Of course Reece would climb up the tree to throw some down to them. Caleb would enagage him in an apple throwing contest where Reece would throw the apples down and Caleb would try to catch everything in the basket he was holding.