26.

Adam finally woke up by himself and stretched on the bed and yawned. The space beside him was empty and Scarlett wasn't in the room.

His eyes went to the clock and he saw it was 9:37am.

He threw his leg to the other side of the bed and put on his slippers, he then walked into the bathroom.

After a while Adam came out with damp hair, wearing a bathrobe.

He then went downstairs and saw Scarlett in the sitting room watching a cartoon while Matt read a book beside her.

Caleb and Reece were talking and checking each others phones as they laid on the rug. Lucy was seated on the couch beside Matt with her new phone as well.

"Hello," Adam said once he entered the sitting room.

All at once Scarlett got up and ran towards him and greeted him with a hug.

"Yaay! Yaay! You're awake!" she grinned widely.

Adam chuckled. "Yeah, I am."

"Good morning, Mr Adam," Lucy said with a smile as her gaze landed on him.

"Morning sir!" Matt waved at him.

"Good morning," Caleb said.

Reece nodded at Adam, "Mornin' man. Good thin' you came down when you did, Lucy wouldn't let us have breakfast without you." He looked at Lucy accusingly as he added the last part.

"Okay, let's all eat now," Adam replied and held Scarlett's hand as he headed towards the dining room. The boys all readily followed him while Lucy stayed back to put off the television before following them.

Soon they were done with breakfast.

"You guys should all get dressed, we're leaving now," Adam told them.

"Aight," Reece said and slipped his phone into his pocket before walking up the stairs with Lucy.

"Hey, you didn't accept my friend request, Lucy," he told her as they both walked upstairs.

"I haven't been online since. There's much more to a phone than social media," Lucy said and they both disappeared round the hallway corner.

Scarlett ran after them while Matt picked up the books he had brought down from the library before heading up.

"Careful!" Adam said as he almost missed a step.

"Okay!" Matt replied cheerily before walking out of view.

Caleb was about heading upstairs as well when Adam kept a hand on his shoulder, causing him to look back.

"Are you going to be okay?" Adam asked concerned.

Caleb closed his eyes and smiled a little.

"Yeah. I have you guys now." He patted Adam's hand before heading off to the boy's room.

Adam smiled at his retreating figure.

His eyes roamed round the sitting room for a while.

He saw a book wedged in the corner of the sofa, half-hidden by a cushion. Matt might not have seen that as he was packing up the rest of his books.

Some cushions were on the rug where Caleb and Reece had laid and a glass of half drunk water was on the center table.

Adam chuckled and restored everything back to their normal position.

They make everywhere....Adam looked around again as he picked up the glass cup. More homely.

He headed into the kitchen to drop the glass cup.