4.

Adam hissed under his breath as his car sped off in the not so busy road in the country side. He hadn't reached the main roads in the city, hence there were no traffic jam yet.

As he drove by, he glanced out of his window and managed to spot a small neat looking café.

Reds' Breakfast Café. The signpost read.

Just then his stomach churned at the thought of food, he had left his breakfast untouched when he heard that his mother had an emergency. This is giving me a headache. I'm going to be late. Adam thought with a small frown as he glanced at the signpost again.

He bit his lip as he drove past the café, he was pondering whether or not he could swing by and order a carryout for himself.

Luckily his hunger won over the urgent need to be early at work.

Adam glanced at his watch as he made a U-turn back to the fast food establishment.

It won't hurt if I run some few minutes late. He reasoned within himself.

He hurriedly parked beside the small building and got out of his vechicle.

He passed by a short pot-bellied man talking sternly to a brown headed teenage girl as he rushed inside the café.

He waved off an incoming waiter and headed towards the counter himself. The pot-bellied man's voice could be heard from inside.

"JUST ONE MISTAKE!! MAKE JUST ONE AND YOU'RE FIRED! I NEVER LIKED TO HIRE TEENAGERS ANYWAY BUT I'LL GIVE YOU A TRY. NEXT TIME TRY TO DRESS SMARTLY AND DON'T WEAR RAGS; ALSO APPLY SOME NICE PERFUME, I CAN'T HAVE MY WORKER SMELLING LIKE A DEAD FISH!!"

Lucy inwardly rolled her eyes.

She wondered if his tone couldn't be reduced. At this rate everyone would know she was seeking employment. And Lucy also didn't see anything wrong with the way she was dressed.

But she managed to give him an attentive look and a small smile.

Adam tapped the counter and the lady behind it looked up at him; she held back an excited squeal.

"Hey...'morning, you think I could have three burgers and a latte cup as a carryout?" Adam inquired.

"Sure thing sir," she said in a flirty tone and beamed a smile at him.

"You're Adam Hunt....the Adam Hunt! Oh my gosh I can't believe you're here right in front of me, oh my gosh, oh my gosh," she gave a tiny shriek.

"Uh huh," Adam replied in a bored tone. He was used to people reacting like that.

She squealed and cleared her throat and managed to compose herself.

"Could you um...could you sign this?" She brought out a mug and a marker.

Adam inwardly rolled his eyes.

"Uh huh," he replied nonchalantly and signed on the mug. "What about my order?" Adam asked impatiently.

"I'll get that sorted out right now." She nodded so quickly Adam thought her head would've fallen off if it wasn't attached to her body.

Not too long he was good to go.

He sent a stiff smile towards her before hurrying out.

He turned to glance at the woman and saw she was batting her eyelashes at him; the act made him cringe before turning to face where he was going.

But he collided with an incoming waiter that had piles of dirty dishes covering her face as she held it out.

Adam took in a sharp breath as all the breakable plates came crashing down.