16

today is a good day.

today management has me walking around town so we can run errands but they don't have me right beside them so i feel a little more free than usual.

"maryah can you sign this?" a girl asks, holding out a pen and a phone case.

"yeah." i smile, grabbing the pen. "don't tell management." i wink, signing the phone case and walking away.

we approach a crowd of girls and i try to get a better look when my manager grabs my arm.

"what are they screaming about?" i ask and she looks at me, pissed off.

"it doesn't regard you."

"i just wanted to-" i try to reason with her and her face turns red.

"don't argue."

•••

"where are you?" calum asks and i can't help but smile.

"outside our favorite café."

"what did you say?" my manager asks and i quickly shake my head.

"nothing. i coughed." i make up a lame excuse and she doesn't argue.

•••

i check my watch for the third time in the past ten minutes and my manager huffs.

"are you late for something?" she asks and i roll my eyes.

"no. i just want to go home."

"we're about to go through a crowd. avoid eye contact." she sighs, standing up from where she's sitting and i nod.

"okay."

"i'm serious." she points at me and i hold myself back from yelling.

"i heard you the first time."

•••

we're walking back to the car when i almost fall onto my face because someone shoves me. i turn around to see my manager and i feel my blood begin to boil.

"why are you pushing me?" i ask, clenching my fists.

"walk faster." she scoffs, causing me to snap back.

"i don't know who you think you are." i roll my eyes and begin walking again when i hear a familiar voice.

"almost there." calum whispers and i get butterflies.

"what are you smiling about?" my manager gives me a dirty look.

"nothing. i thought of something funny." i lie, knowing that she'll be pissed if i tell the truth.

after a few minutes of walking back to the car, i hear a voice from behind us.

"guess who it is."

i turn to see calum and i automatically feel nostalgic.

"calum." i smile, my manager gasping.

"what is this?"