32

"make this quick." my manager urges me and i nod, approaching harry's door.

i knock three times, causing the door to swing open, revealing harry and i catch myself unable to breathe.

"mitch said you talked to him." he mumbles, referring to me texting mitch about the situation.

"he said you feel just fine." i nod.

"i still have to bring you your-" he begins to mention my stuff and i interrupt him.

"my old t-shirt." i whisper.

"yeah." his voice causes me to zone out and i feel my heart breaking but i also barely feel anything at all.

after a few minutes of silence, i finally speak again.

" comfortable silence is so overrated." i shake my head and he agrees.

"say what you wanna say." he offers me the stage and i feel my anxiety take over.

"even my phone misses your calls." i speak before i can stop myself. "by the way."

"do you want me to say anything?" he asks and i feel my body slowly going numb.

"tell me that you're sorry too." i shrug, tilting my head and he looks away from me, breaking eye contact.

"it's time to leave." my manager whispers, lightly grabbing my arm and i look back up at harry.

"i have to go." i walk away and glance back at him once i reach the end of the driveway to see him standing there, watching me.