22

management said i could go to madison's house without supervision today.

little do they know, madison is out of town.

i approach harry's house and knock on the door. after a few moments of silence, the door swings open.

"hey ha-" my smile instantly fades. "louis...what are you doing here?" we both look shocked to see each other.

"oh, i was just leaving." he lies, he's shirtless and his hair is messy like he was just lying in bed.

"right." my voice cracks. "i came to see harry." i look down at my feet, not wanting to make eye contact with him.

"okay, i'll go get him." he points into the house before leaving to doorway.

the door is open and i refuse to go inside. after a few more minutes, harry finally comes to the door.

"you can come insi-" he offers but i shake my head.

"no, that's alright." i smile softly, declining his offer. "so... you and louis?"

"yeah..." he doesn't even try to deny it and i wish i could just melt into the ground.

i went out of my way to come and see him and he's with louis. i look like and idiot.

"why didn't you tell me?" i ask, hoping for an explanation that won't hurt me.

"i didn't think you would understand-" he shrugs, pretty much twisting the knife.

"why wouldn't i-" i try to ask and he interrupts me, raising his voice as if i'm in the wrong.

"you just wouldn't, okay?" i flinch as he speaks because i hate people yelling. my hands begin to shake so i put them into my pockets.

"right." i begin to tear up. i feel like i'm in a nightmare.

"i'm sorry maryah. i should've-" he begins to apologize and the kindness in me stops him.

"no, it isn't your fault." i catch him by surprise. "i just don't know why you didn't tell me. i was out here looking stupid."

"i didn't think it was important." he lies.

if it wasn't important then he wouldn't have felt the need to keep it a secret.

"i was starting to fall for you." i shake my head. "does he know that we're-"

"no, it never came up." he whispers and i nod, biting the inside of my cheek.

"right." i nod. "i'm happy that you're happy." i smile softly and he tilts his head.

"really?" he asks and i smile.

"yeah. just promise me one thing." i ask and he glances up at me. "tell me next time, okay?"