40

"so this is it?" i set my bags down in the airport and turn to madison. "this is the end. it's all over after this."

"yeah," she sighs. "i guess it is. don't forget me, okay?"

"i'll miss you." i smile softly, trying my best not to cry.

"i'll miss you too." she whispers.

"we'll keep in touch, okay?" i reassure her and she nods.

"maryah!" harry calls my name and i turn to face him before my vision goes black.

•••

"maryah wake up! it's your birthday!" my aunt yells, shaking me awake.

"i'm awake." i gasp, sitting up as fast as possible.

"happy birthday!" she places a piece of cake with '18' on it in front of me and i look around, confused as to why i'm in my room.

"i'm already eight teen though? it can't already be my nineteenth birthday." i shake my head in denial.

"no, today is your eighteenth birthday." she explains and i feel my heart sink.

"what do you mean?" i ask, looking around frantically.

"see if you can talk to your soulmate." she smiles and i feel my heart stop beating.

"hello..?" i hesitantly ask.

"happy birthday love." a familiar voice smiles.

"harry..." i speak softly, barely believing the current situation.

"that's my name..." he gasps and i feel like i'm going to throw up.

"so i dreamt all of it..." i whisper, grasping reality.

"what are you talking about?" my aunt asks and i quickly shake my head.

"nothing."

"so, what do you do when you can't sleep?"

A/N: tysm for so many reads !! i love reading the comments !! the sequel "searching the stars" is out now, so is the third and final book, "seeing the sun"!!