18

"hey calum?" i ask, i talked to management and they genuinely didn't care about the situation.

"who is calum?" an unfamiliar voice responds and i stop moving.

"who is this?" i ask, confused.

"lewis capaldi?" he responds and my heart breaks.

"are you kidding me..."

"sorry." he apologizes and i quickly reply.

"no. it's not you..."

i lost another soulmate. this time it hurt a little worse since i've known calum since i was younger.

•••

"hey lewis?" i ask, if i have a new soulmate i might as well get to know them.

"that's not my name?" a female voice responds and my eyes widen. this can't be happening.

"you can't be serious." i sigh, shaking my head.

•••

"who is it today?" i sit in my room, alone.

"maryah?" a voice with an irish accent asks and i automatically get hopeful again.

"niall!" i gasp. "have you talked to harry?" i quickly ask, not wanting to waste time.

"no..?" he responds, sounding confused.

"well if you talk to him can you tell him to text me?" i ask, referring to the fact that harry hasn't talked to me in about a month now.

"he hasn't texted you?" niall asks, not believing what he's hearing.

"no..."

•••

"who is it today?" i ask in a monotone voice. i've lost all hope of someone staying.

"is this maryah?" a british accent asks and i feel my stomach drop.

"liam." i raise my eyebrows. "i thought you were madison's-" i begin to ask, ceasing as soon as he speaks again.

"not anymore. and she's upset."

"what makes you sure?" i ask, my shoulders dropping.

"we text about it."

•••

"why are you in a bad mood?" my manager asks.

"forget about it." i shake my head, not wanting another lecture.

"you can't seriously be upset about the soulmate situation." she rolls her eyes.

"i just want someone to stay." my voice cracks. that's all i've ever wanted since i was a kid.

most people would kill to have my fame but it doesn't mean anything to me if everyone leaves.

"you don't need a soulmate. you can live without it."