Miss Villian

"Morgan, wake up!" I sit up and notice I'm still at lunch. I wipe the drool off my chin. "How in the world do you fall asleep anywhere?" Ned looks at me skeptically. "Sleep deprivation I guess. I'm also pretty used to falling asleep at tables and desks."
"Have you not been getting enough sleep?"
"Yeah, but you don't have to worry about me, Peter." It's true I've been staying up late due to the anxiety of whatever's coming to face me this weekend. Constantly tinkering with the Nightingale suit.

"Guess you won't be able to go on that date with her. She'd probably pass out on the rollercoaster." MJ was right about that, and not because I've been tired. They scare the absolute hell out of me. "You know I don't like rollercoasters. Plus what is this about a date?"

Peter looks away for a second. "I thought we could go to the theme park for your early birthday. I guess I didn't think about your fear of heights." That's sweet, kind of. It is a pretty typical dating spot.

"They have other things there. You guys could still go."
"It wouldn't be that fun for Peter though." Ned's face deflates as he tries to think of something else. "Why don't you two just go to the movies. It's pretty much a foolproof first date. As long as you guys like the same types of movies." MJ to the rescue.

"Kind of. I'm not all about sci-fi, like he is. But I do like action." Pete agrees on the idea. "We could go after school. Since it's still a school night we can't be there too late." It's time to leave lunch and I pull MJ out of her seat.

I bring her to somewhere as private as possible for a school. "What do I do!"
"Woah, girl chill. What are you talking about?"
"During a date. How often do I touch his hand? Do we share popcorn or do we get our own? How casual am I supposed to dress?"
"Morgan. It's just Peter. Whatever you do he'll still be with you. You could probably show up in a Halloween costume and he wouldn't care. Get your own popcorn though. More sanitary."
"You're right. I shouldn't set the bar high anyway. Thanks, MJ." I run off after waving to her. She looks extremely confused.

My head is back in the clouds, ignoring my problems. The rest of my day is spent daydreaming and planning my outfit.

I get home and pull up my closet program. Mai recommends a few casual outfits. We revise them and I end up wearing a black skirt with a light sweater. "Mai, where are the black Chelsea boots?"
"Section B5."
I grab them and thank her. "Mai, search up quick tips for first dates." I'm stressing quite a bit. Even though I know he won't care about having a perfect date, I don't want to scare him off.

"I found an article called '11 Science-Backed First Date Tips To Make Your Date Great,' would you like me to read them off?" I tell her to go ahead. While she continues I do my hair and add a little makeup.

I get a text from Peter.

Peter-Man
I'll meet you at the cinema at 6, is that good for you?

Morgan
Yeah, of course. See ya in a couple of hours.

Peter-Man
Yeah, cya.

The hours pass and I make my way to the meet spot. He's already there even though I'm ten minutes early.

"Dammit! I thought I was going to be the early one." Peter chuckles and grabs my hand. We walk to the theater and walk in. "Morgan, you go get our seats and I'll buy the popcorn." I reach into my pocket to grab some money. He, of course, objects the money of the billionaire's daughter. "Your joking right? I could buy this whole place if I wanted."

"Touche."
"That's what I thought." I give him about fifty dollars and hurry and leave before he tries to give it back. Walking down the hall I notice the movie we're seeing and walk into the showing room.

It feels like forever before Pete finally finds me. He sits down and hands me a bag of popcorn and a box of candy.

The movie begins, and the main character is wearing a black bat costume and has a serious case of scratchy voice syndrome.

The movie runs on and I feel myself drifting off. Damn this human body. Needing to sleep or whatever.

I wake up in the middle of a fight scene between Batguy and some clown. "I missed the whole movie," I whisper to Peter. "I know. I figured you need sleep." He whispers back. I roll my eyes and readjust in my chair.

The movie ends. Many people get up and leave. But Pete and I stay till the credits finish rolling.

After that, we exit the building and start walking home. "I wish for once the villain would win. End the movie with the villain accomplishing their goal. At least wait till the next movie to fix it." I grumble mostly to myself.

"You really shouldn't say that."
"What? Why?" I look over to him.
"Because we are the superheroes. If we get an unstoppable bad guy. There's no movie magic to fix everything." I lightly jab his side with my elbow. "Don't worry. If all else fails my dad will figure something out."

A/N: You all know what a calm and pleasant chapter means right? The plot is about to kick in.