Miss Jail

I wake up shivering in a jail cell. “What the hell?” My wings are gone, but I've still got my gloves and socks.

The cell is fairly normal to me. So I scope out the lock. It's a simple padlock, nothing too secure. Reaching into my suit from the neck hole, I pull out two bobby pins. Carefully, I bend them into shape and slip them into the lock.

It doesn't take too long for it to unlock. I exit the cell and look around, noticing another section with five men, including Peter, sitting inside it.

Peter seems to be unconscious. Unless he usually leans on random strangers just for the fun of it. The other guys stare at me as I walk closer.

I'd break him out myself, but I can't seem to find any desire to carry around his sleeping body.

“When he wakes up, tell him to find me.” I point to my boyfriend. “He's probably cold, help him out.” They all nod, so I decided to just leave and wait for him.

Once outside, I can tell where we are. The Netherlands.

Peter takes forever to wake up, at least, that's what it felt like. Eventually, he comes out holding a bright orange t-shirt. “Peter!” He jumps a little, he seems a little extra paranoid. Honestly, I don't blame him.

“Oh, Morgan. Thank God.” As I spring out of my hiding place, he gives me a short hug before we walk into the town area.

“Here put this on.” He offers me the shirt that can only be absolutely covered in sweat. “No way.” I push the fabric away from me.

“Come on you look completely out of place in that jumpsuit.” He thrusts it's towards me. “I'll live.” He gives up and instead puts it on himself.

“We should call happy, we need a jet after all.” I get distracted when I see a cow. “Oh my goodness, Peter look.” The animal looks up at me with its sweet eyes. “I'm going to have to adopt this cow.”

“Morgan, focus!” Right, got to get help. I follow Peter up to a man standing behind some caged chickens.

“Excuse me, sir? Can I borrow your phone?” The man hands over the phone currently in his hands. “Everyone is so nice here.”

I watch over his shoulder as he dials Happy's number, but he stops at the last digit. “Nine.” Peter sighs and punches in a nine.

“Hun, we need to get you checked for a concussion.”

“Pick up, pick up, pick up. Hey, hey, uh I messed up. I need a- I need a ride. Where am I?” He looks over to the other man. “Where am I, sir?”

“It's Broek op Langedijk.” Peter hesitates, “Hang on. Could you say that into here?” He puts the phone up to the older man's ear.

He repeats it to happy. “Thanks, did you get that?” Peter hangs up the phone and hands it back to its owner.

After walking a while, we get to the rendezvous. The jet comes in the land, blowing thousands of petals in the air. Along with burning and crushing the flowers.

“Peter? Are you okay? Wait, you didn't tell me you had Morgan with you!” It's so good to see him after all that's happened.

“Happy, is that you?” I shout, about to sprint right to him. Peter sticks his arm out in front of me. “Stop! Tell me something only you would know!” That's what this is about.

“Only I would know. Uh, remember when we went to Germany? You pay-per-viewed a video in your room? They didn't list the titles, but I could tell by the price it was an adult film at the front desk, and you didn't know how I knew-” Peter, obviously mortified, urges Happy to stop. And frankly, I would agree.

After Peter gives me the all-clear, I run up to Happy and wrap my arms tightly around him. “Uncle Happy, you have no clue what we've been through.”