Cooking is fun

Prompt: Alexander and John cooking something without the recipe, because John is confident they know how to cook it from memory. 

I honestly don't know which pictures to use for this chapter, so I'll just use whatever... CUZ THIS IS MY UNITED STATES OF WHATEVER

One day, Alexander and John were bored, so they decided to cook chilli. John was very confident he knew how to make it without a recipe.

"Okay, next we need to put the meat in." The younger boy said. Alexander did as told and out the meat into the pot-pan-thingy. Before he closed it, John put tomatos from a can into the pot-pan-thingy and stirred everything and put it on a lower heat. He put on a timer for an hour later. "Okay, what now?" Alex asked. The other boy shrugged. "Now we have to wait for an hour and sometimes stirr the pot." he explained.

The two of them sat on the couch in their livingroom and started watching TV. "How do you know the recipe by heart?" Alexander asked. The other shrugged. "I made this for my family a lot." he explained. "As a kid?" the other asked. "Yeah. I made it once a month. Before moving out, that is."

The following hour, John stood up every ten minutes to stirr the pot and make sure the food doesn't burn. After the hour, John also put in a can of kidney beans and a can of corn. He then let it cook for another 30 minutes, again stirring everything every ten minutes. When the timer rang, John excitedly ran into the kitchen and took the pot off of the stove, turning the stove of, of course. He pulled two plates out of a cupboard and put the chilli onto them. Then he took two forks and went back into the livingroom.

Alex took a bite of the food given to him by his fiance. "Wow," he started "it's really good." John smiled. "Thanks!" he said. The two of them ate the chilli and then went into the kitchen to do the dishes. "You know. We should cook together more often." said Alexander. The other laughed. "Sure." he replied.

After doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen, they went back into the livingroom and continued watching whatever was on TV.

(381 Words)

I can't write endings lately.😂 Anyways, kinda short. I know. BUT! What I wrote is actually part of a chilli recipe I often make. And yes, I know it by heart. AnYwAyS, have a nice rest of the day/night.  ~Vio

  ~Vio