Blind date

Prompt: John and Alex meet on a blind date.

Creative title, I know. I just cooked chillie and my hand is BURNING!!!

"For the last time, I'm not going on a blind date." John told his roommate as he plopped himself on the couch. "Come on, it'll be fun. Outre, me and Herc'll be there too." the other said. John sighed. "Sure, it'll be fun to try to awkwardly start a conversation with someone to try and distract ourselves from the fact that you two are making out. Again." he said, rolling his eyes.

"I'm sorry for that, but-" "It happened three times now." the other interrupted him. Laf sighed. "Anyways, the guys's name's Alex, he's 25 and a really cool guy. Pretty weird sometimes, but not much worse than us and-" John interrupted him again. "Is he hot?" The french man shrugged. "C'est subjectif." he answered. "So that's a no then." John mumbled. The other laughed. "You'll get along perfectly."

"A blind date? I dunno. I mean, you never know what weirdo you'll meet." Alex said. The other rolled his eyes. "Well, it's better than spending the night alone and being sad about being lonely." he said "Besides, I know the guy. He's pretty chill." Alex shrugged. "I dunno, man." The other man sighed. "Hey, me and Laf'll be there too." he said.

"After what happened last time, that's not a relieve." he said. Herc laughed. "I'm sorry, alright?" Alexander rolled his eyes. "So, tell me something about the guy." he requested. The other thought for a moment. "Well, his name is John. Around 24. He's pretty shy sometimes. Also, he's Laf's roommate." he told him. Alex's brows furrowed. "You mean the one who stole a turtle once?" he asked. "Yep. That one."

It was around 8 P.M. when the guys went out for the date(s). While Alex was pretty chill about it, John was really nervous and scared. Mainly of having to make awkward conversation while Laf and Herc made out. Again. They wanted to meet infront of the cinema and Laf and John came early. The two of them were talking when they saw the other two arrive. "Yeah, no, changed my mind. I'll go home." John said and was about to walk away, but Laf grabbed his arm. "Don't you dare." he said.

"Hey, sorry we're late." Herc said as he kissed his boyfriend's cheek. "It's fine mon chér. We came earlier anyways." the french fry said. Alex looked at the freckled man next to his friend. He reached his hand out. "You must be John. I'm Alexander." he said. The other awkwardly shook his hand. "Uh... hi, I'm John- damn it. I mean..." he kept studdering out some unintelligible words. (I hope that's the word. It's what google translate told me."

The four of them went into the cinema. "What movie should we watch?" Alex asked. The others shrugged. "How about this one!" Laf suggested as he pointed to a lage poster that read "50 Shades Of Gray" (bad movie). The rest of them agreed, since the other movies didn't seem too appealing. They bought their tickets and sat down on their assigned seats. Herc and Laf were chatting and flirting with one another, while John and Alexander didn't even bother to try and start a conversation.

Half way through the movie, Hercules and Lafayetter were making out. John noticed them and groaned. "I can't fucking believe this." he said. Alex looked over to them as well. "They're doing it again?!" he said a bit too loudly, clearly annoyed as well. "Yeah, this is so- Wait, this happened to you before too?" John asked. The other nodded. "Yeah, last time I went on a double date with them." he explained. The freckled boy's eyes widened. "Same. This was the reason I didn't wanna go to this date in the first place." he said.

Alexander and John were talking about date experiences and their friend during the rest of the movie. When the movie was over, the guys went to... You know, what ever people do at dates and stuff.

The next day, John was lying on the couch and texting. Laf walked up behing him and leaned down. "Who you texting?" he asked. John quickly turned off his phone. "No one..." he responded. The man looked at his roommate suspiciously. He then snached his phone. "Laf! Give me my phone back!" he yelled. The taller man laughed and held the phone above his head. "I'll give it to you if you tell me who you were texting." he said, smirking. John groaned. "It was no one." he said.

"It didn't look like no one." the french man said. He opened the phone and loudly read the messages. "Shut uuuup!" John yelled. The other laughed. "So, you like Alexander?" he teased. The younger man groaned. "He's a nice guy." he said. Laf gave him back his phone. "Fine." he said "But I expect you two to be dating by the end of the year. If not, je vais te battre le cul." And with that he left. John rolled his eyes and lied back on the couch. Then it hit him. "Wait!" he yelled "That's in two days! You can't possibly expect that!"

"Well then hurry the fuck up and date already." he responded from the kitchen. "We've known each other for not even a whole day, you idiot!" John said, a mix of anger and fear in his voice. The baguette shrugged. "Didn't stop Herc et moi." 

"But we're not you!" John responded. "Well, but would you date him?" the man asked. John's face turned red. "I mean, maybe..." he mumbled, just so loud that it was audible.

John later found out that Laf called Alexander when he stole his phone and Alexander listened to their whole conversation. And yes, they did start dating by the and of the year.

(976 Words)

I did a wholesome thing! Yay! I've been a bit stressed today, because I kinda forgot my pin code and started panicking. Other than that, I've earned 10$ today :).  The next chapter'll be pretty wholesome as well, so get ready for sum awkward morons :). Anyways, hope you liked it. Have a nice rest of the day/night.  ~Vio

  ~Vio