CHAPTER-1

All the people at the party were enjoying themselves. Usually, you could spot someone huddled up in a corner, someone was always being a spoilsport but that day, almost everyone was having fun even Pharm who was usually trying his best to get out of parties. They were all celebrating Team getting chosen as the national representative for their school's swimming team. It was a big deal for the boy who got selected only in his junior year of college. It was also a moment of pride for the president and the vice-president of the club namely- Dean and Win.

Team was taking photos with his friend Manow who was wearing an elegant white dress. Team was dressed in a white shirt, a denim jacket and a pair of black jeans. When Dean and Win decided to throw a party for him, he didn't really want to attend because Team considered himself to be a socially awkward guy who didn't do well with crowds. Unlike Pharm, he wasn't particularly shy but he hated being the center of attention. He always wanted to fade away and disappear in the background. He didn't want to be seen. He wanted to have great friends and have fun but never in a million years would he want to be popular.

And so he was just trying to chill with his small friend group. The thing he really dreaded was saying something stupid in front of all the seniors who came to congratulate him. The girls were also really nice to him which he didn't expect. Team wasn't well liked by the girls when he was in high school. To be honest, Team used to have a lot of acne on his face and he was kind of chubby. He sat alone in the back of his class and people thought of him as a weird kid and hence, no one really befriended him except for a few acquaintances here and there.

And then he got a scholarship for swimming in this really amazing college known as T- University and he started working on himself a bit. Team was actually a year younger than all of his friends. While his friends were 18, Team had just turned 17 last month. Team didn't dislike college at all, for college gave him an opportunity to be someone he always wanted to be. Team wouldn't say that he had become everything he desired to be but he was happy with what he had and most of the days, that's all that mattered to him.

He was about to excuse himself to go to the bathroom to avoid people when he saw someone approaching them.

"That's my junior I told you about. Me and Dean have coached him personally," Win spoke to a much older looking guy. When Team looked to his side he noticed Manow had already started talking to a senior and had left him all by himself.

"So you are the star of tonight's party. By the way, I am Win's older brother Kao," the older guy spoke to Team as he took his hands out of his pockets to shake hands with him.

Team shook hands with him as he hoped he wouldn't do anything to embarrass himself in front of Win and his brother. Team admired Win a lot. Not only was Win an amazing swimmer, he was also a really good coach to him. Win had helped Team a lot to sharpen his skills. He was really easy to talk to and was a pretty cool guy in general.

"I just really like what I do but I am nothing special," Team spoke gently to Kao who was looking at him with amusement for some reason.

"Bullshit. You are really talented. Don't put yourself down in front of anyone," Win spoke with a dead serious look on his face.

"Win is right. You should believe in yourself and be confident in your skills," Kao spoke as Team nervously nodded in reply.

"I'll leave you two alone 'cause I have to go home early today but you guys have fun," Kao spoke and both Win and Team waved him goodbye as he turned in the opposite direction to leave.

Win and Team were alone now. Team noticed that Win was wearing a black button-up shirt and light blue ripped jeans. He looked good but then he always looked good. His beautiful blond hair were a contrast to everyone's dark head and for a moment Team wondered if his hair was as soft as it looked.