30

You stare at the gym doors, sure you were a little late for practice, mostly because you waited until everyone was out of the club room so you didn't have to face anyone just then. But wow is this a bad idea.

"Y/N! You've been standing here for like ten minutes, stop staring off into space!" A hand lands on your shoulder and, startled, you jump a little bit.

"E-ennoshita?"

The second year grins "The one and only!" He removes his hand from your shoulder "Anyway, what's wrong? You look concerned."

You shake your head, no abandonment here i hope, "I just-- i think i'm feeling guilty."

Ennoshita steps forward the smile on his face being replaced by a concerned look. "About what?"

You hang your head and your hair tilts forward to shade your eyes "The seijoh game. I feel like there's a lot more that I could have done to help you all but instead i just, i-i sat there with them..."

Ennoshita wraps you in a hug "It sounds like your making yourself feel guilty over nothing. We know you didn't give of our secrets to them, we trust you completely and you sitting on seijoh's bench for one game will not change that."

You rest your head in the crook of Ennoshita's neck as a smile comes over your face "Thank you Ennoshita."

The two of you part from the hug, the smile now back on Ennoshita's face. "I'll go in with you."

You bow to Ennoshita "Please."

"A-ah! Please stand up! It's just what friends do!!" Ennoshita stutters out, a light pink coming over his face.

The two of you walk into the gym.

"Ennoshita, you fin-- Y/N!" A grin comes over Daichi's facing seeing the two of you "I'm glad to see you finished with your school committee work."

You give a bow to the captain "I apologize for my absences."

Daichi let's out a chuckle and waves off your bow "Just happy to have you back Y/N." Happy to have you back, your heart swells with happiness hearing those words. Maybe you really worried over nothing.

After practice is where the real test begins.

"Y/N senpai," You hum and turn to the shy boy who called your name, one Tadashi Yamaguchi. Issue is he was hanging his head and his hands were clutching the fabric of his shirt.

"Ah, Yamaguchi don't look so upset, what's up?"

"I- i'm sorry."

Your taken aback by that "Sorry? What on earth for?"

"It's just that, you helped me so much on my serve but in the end i just messed it all up." Yamaguchi tightens his hold on his shirt.

You reach a hand out and gently put your hand on top of Yamaguchi's now shaking ones. "Don't worry about that alright? We've got a new tournament to plan for, and this time when you go in, your gonna get at least three service aces in a row!" Yamaguchi tilts his head up and you can see the tears in his eyes. You give Yamaguchi a soft smile "Besides everything was perfect, we just need to work on the distance a little more. I believe in you, you got this alright?"

Yamaguchi nods, "Alright."

Little did you know the team was watching, mostly with smiles on their faces (you know it's Tsukki that's straight faced as always).

Yeah, your gonna be fine.

***

You and Kiyoko walk through the first year hallways, after practice yesterday you and Kiyoko talked about if anyone in the second year classes had any clubs, the answer being a resounding no. Therefore the first year hallway is where the two of you were looking for a new manager.