Chapter 9

"This house isn't the same, we're hiding too much things from one another." Toni said taking her vitamins.

"Babe stop stressing your gonna cause your lupus to flare up." Kenny said massaging her shoulders.

"You're right. Hey on the bright side, we're gonna be grandparents." Toni said turning around to face Kenny.

"Yeah..." Kenny trailed off, "I just don't know why she didn't tell us sooner. We're her parents we deserved to know." Kenny said, as Toni wrapped her arms around his body and kissed his chin.

"Yeah. But remember when I got pregnant with Robyn, we didn't know how to tell our parents either. We were scared. And we were much younger than her." Toni said.

"I know but she's gonna be a single mother-"

"Ken. Stop. Just stop, you told me to relax and now you're the one stressing. Calm down baby." She said resting her head on his chest.

"I can't, we're lying to the girls, their lying to us-"

"What are you guys lying to us about?" Zendaya asked freezing in her tracks.

"Nothing." They both said in unison. "Your so right mom, this house isn't the same. That's why I've decided I'm going to go stay with Devon for awhile-"

"Eavesdropping are we." Toni mumbled.

"Your going to stay with who for what?" Kenny asked looking at her skeptically.

"You're not leaving my house, especially to go stay with that Revon guy." Kenny said growing angry. "I don't trust him."

"Its not about who you trust, its about who I love. I'm going dad. Whether you two like it or not, remember what you guys told us. The day we leave the house we get to make our own decisions. I left the house 2 years ago, I'm making my own decisions. I'm in charge of my life now, and if I wanna go stay with Devon for awhile than I will." Zendaya said angrily storming out the kitchen.

"Excuse us." Toni and Kenny both said.

They stormed after her and followed her towards the door.

"And where are you going?" Toni and Kenny asked Karrueche who held her bags in her hands. "Home."

"This is your home-"

"No it's not. My home is in Atlanta not here at least there I can be with the man I love in peace." She said annoyed.

"You girls are becoming really disrespectful." Kenny said, "who do you think is paying for that house you live in? That car you drive? Those clothes that you wear all the time? Whose paying your bills?" Kenny asked looking between the two of them.

"Chris has been taking care of me for quite some time now-"

"Don't." Toni said raising her hand, "he used to do the same things for your sister, until he laid his damn hands on her. Now just think of what he might do to you?"

"He's not the same!"

"And how do you know that?" Toni asked raising her voice at Karrueche.