Chapter 16

"I'm looking for a new living room set. I want to change my living space. I'm tired of the cream white and red interior colours. I want to change the wall colour as well to something blue." Toni smiled as she and Tamar walked through Steal-A-Sofa searching for new living room decors.

"Ah. These are so nice Tone." Tamar grinned stopping in front of bright baby blue and white couches.

Toni turned and looked at the couches.

"They are. It's just I don't find the wow factor in it." Toni said, as she dug into her bag and took out her phone.

A few texts from Kenny was on her home screen. She smiled, as she read each one.

"Who texted you?" Tamar asked, studying the look on her face. "My boyfriend." Toni grinned, as she replied to his texts.

Tamar chuckled as she shook her head at Toni's way of announcing Kenny.

"I was trying something knew Daya's been saying that often."

"My babies got a boyfriend?" Tamar gasped. "Yeah." Toni laughed, "you lying." Tamar announced.

"I'm not." Toni said. "Well good for her. I think it's about time that she gets herself a young fine chocolate man to take care of her-"

"He's white." Toni said nonchalantly, "what? I thought I taught her better. She been spending way too much time with Ashlee." Tamar said shaking her head.

"I'm kidding Tay. He's chocolate."

"Oh thank you Jesus!" Tamar goofed.

Toni laughed. "What's his name?" Tamar asked as they walked further to look for more decors.

"Devon Davids." Toni said. "Really nice guy. But his constant flirting pisses Ken off." Toni said shaking her head, "flirting with who?" Tamar questioned.

"Me-"

"That's a no ma'am. Your son in law can not be flirting with his mama in law-"

"Firstly. I won't be his mother in law. Because secondly I told my daughter to live her life first before she just decides to get married. This is her first ever steady boyfriend, I don't want her rushing things."

"You did." Tamar spat.

Toni turned and faced Tamar.

"I knew- okay I didn't. But the point is, I'm happy and I'm still married to the man I married at the age of 23. Men from those years and boys from these days aren't the same." Toni spat.

"Well please... keep preaching. I didn't mean to try you." Tamar chuckled lightly.

Toni shook her head. "Let's find my new living area a theme." Toni chuckled.
_________________________

Toni and Tamar walked into Tamar's house, they noticed their father Michael in the kitchen causing Tamar to squeal. The rest of the girls and grandkids were already there with them.

"Daddy!" Toni shouted.

"Yes." Both Kenny and Michael answered in unison. Causing everyone to burst out in laughter.