Chapter 26

Everyone stood up as they watched Toni walk towards them. Kenny opened his arms as Toni wrapped hers around his body and he did the same.

"She's gonna start pushing now." Toni smiled weakly.

"What's wrong Toni?" Trina asked as a tear slipped down Toni's cheek.

Toni shook her head as she held back the tears that wanted to fall.

"My baby is growing up, in just a few hours, she'll be someone's mother." Toni smiled brightly as everyone else smiled while Kenny wiped her tears away with the napkin he was holding.

"Awww..." Zendaya cooed.

"Kenny are you excited to become a grandpa?" Traci questioned.

"Dammit Tray don't say it like that." He chuckled causing them to laugh, "no I'm very excited. My very first grandchild and it's boy." He said before kissing Toni's forehead.

Toni smiled just as doctor Max walked over to them.

"Mrs Edmonds, it's about that time." Max said.

Toni faced everyone.

"We're about to become grandparents." She smiled patting Kenny's shoulder before he kissed her lips.

Before she left they all grabbed hands and allowed Evelyn to say a short prayer.

"Let me go and help my daughter give birth." Toni said, before she walked away with the doctor.
________________________

11:32 p.m. a loud pitch cry filled the room as Toni stared at the baby in awe. Rihanna watched as they lifted her son up in disbelief. Tears of joy immediately left her eyes.

"You wanna meet your mommy little guy?" The doctor cooed holding him out to Rihanna who immediately opened up her chest and held her arms out to him.

"Hi baby boy." Rihanna cooed, "you're so handsome." Rihanna cried gently rubbing his back as Toni smiled wiping away her own tears.

"He's perfect." Toni said rubbing his back, just as another nurse came over to Rihanna and Toni.

"May I take him-"

"No..." Rihanna cooed.

"It's only for a few minutes, we need to check him for you and clean him up and then he'll be with his mommy again." The nurse giggled.

Rihanna stared down at her son before she nodded and opened her chest allowing the nurse to take him.

"You did good baby." Toni smiled moving the hair strands out of Rihanna's face.
________________________

"Here." Rihanna smiled lightly opening her chest revealing the baby to Toni.

Toni looked down at the two.

"Take him." Rihanna giggled.

Toni smiled gently before she reached out and gently picked him up. His eyes were slightly open but still swollen.

"Hi love." Toni cooed taking his tiny hand into her own. "I'm your grandma." Toni said smiling at him.

He flashed her a small sealed lip smile as his eyes closed.

"He likes you already." Rihanna smiled sitting up fixing her robe.

The door opened making them both face it as Kenny came inside. He smiled slowly closing the door behind him before he walked up to them.

"Hey big girl. How are you feeling?" Kenny asked watching Toni as she gently swayed her grandson.

"I'm good." Rihanna smiled weakly. "I guess this is my birthday gift to you." Rihanna chuckled pointing over at the baby.

Kenny finally looked at him and smiled.

"Hey lil man." Kenny grinned staring at the baby in Toni's arms.

"You wanna hold him?" Toni asked Kenny.

His eyes went wide when last did he hold a new born.

"Yeah." He nodded sanitizing his hands before he took the baby into his arms, "you guys look cute. Old but cute-"

"I feel tried." Toni groaned making Rihanna laugh. "What are you gonna name him?" Toni asked facing Rihanna.

She frowned.

"I thought you and dad were gonna-"

"He's your son." Toni and Kenny said in unison.

Rihanna swallowed her saliva looking at the baby, "you sure?" She raised her eyebrows.

They nodded.

"Well I've always liked the name Jaylen." Rihanna said, "Jaylen Storm Edmonds." She concluded.

"We love it." Toni smiled.

"What about my initials-"

"Ken. He's already born on your birthday." Toni scolded making Rihanna giggle.

"He's all yours." Rihanna said making them frown.

"You know you can still change your mind." Toni said as they looked at her.

"Yeah. He's yours." Kenny stated.

Rihanna stared at Jaylen for awhile before she shook her head confidently.

"No. He's yours." She said.