Chapter 27

"Let me hear that first verse again." Kenny said adjusting some chords to the song as Daryl played the beginning of the song once again.

"I need more emotions!" Kenny demanded.

Rihanna nodded her head as she placed the headphones against her ears.

"Future. You're gonna need to come in with her." Kenny said as Future nodded his head, "aight." He said.

"Come on try it now." Kenny said to them, "start the song over." He said to Daryl.

Nothing but a tear, that's all for breakfast
Watching you pretend you're unaffected
You're pulling our connections, expecting me to let you go
But I won't

No you don't need my protection
But I'm in love, can't blame me for checking
I love in your direction, hoping that the message goes

Somewhere close to you
Close to you
Like so close if they heard you, you wouldn't find out
Just say now, I'm coming right now, to be close to you

"Yes! Finally! Now I feel the words sinking in." Kenny shouted as he smiled hitting his hands down on the keys.

Rihanna smiled before she lightly began to cough before it got a little bit worse.

"You aight?" Jeremih asked patting her back before rubbing down on it in circles.

Kenny scrunched his face up as he studied her facial expressions. Rihanna smiled getting up to grab her water.

"I'm fine. I'm perfect." She smiled warmly.

"You sure?" Kenny questioned. "Yes dad."
_______________________

Zendaya slid a paper towards Karrueche causing her to look at her in confusion.

"What's this?" Karrueche asked taking it and scanning, "ah!" Karrueche shouted, "Oh my God! I cannot believe it. When did you find out?" Karrueche brightly smiled at her sister.

"I'm so proud of you." Karrueche added.

"Quiet... no one knows yet. You're the only one, I wanna surprise everyone tonight at dinner." Zendaya smiled as Karrueche hugged her.

"I'm so happy for you, you're finally gonna be doing what you wanted to do ever since you were 12."

"I know. It's hard to believe. But they just came to me, they called me and said that they would love to work with me and I accepted it." Zendaya smiled.

"I can't believe Flare wants you to be their model for this year on their damn cover. Do you know how long it takes a normal person to get onto a cover of any magazine? A few years!" Karrueche shouted.

"Hey you two... Jaylen is sleeping upstairs. Did y'all forget that we have a new baby up in this son of a-"

"Grandma!" The girls cut her off in unison.

"Sorry. I got caught up." Barbra laughed, walking towards them. "So what's new?" She questioned taking a seat beside Zendaya.