Chapter 37

2 weeks later

Toni and Kenny walked up to Rihanna's front door, her lawn was neatly cut and an unfamiliar car was parked in the driveway.

"Wait! Before we just walk in, let's knock this time. Remember the last time we walked in on Karrueche and Bryson having sex when we saw an unfamiliar car parked in the driveway. Who knows what we'll see this time." Kenny stated.

Toni chuckled nodding her head as she rang the doorbell.

"You look so dapper today." Toni giggled fixing Kenny's collar. "I have a meeting with a few clients in a couple hours." He shrugged with a chuckle as he checked the time on his Rolex.

"Well maybe later when you get back from your important meeting we could make love in the hot tub." Toni whispered against his ear.

Kenny raised his eyebrows with a smirk pulling her against him as he gripped her ass into his palm.

"And than afterwards you could cook me some seafood with nothing but your apron and reading glasses on and then instead of eating we could make love again." Kenny whispered back as they both leaned in and kissed.

The door opened and there stood Rihanna.

"Oh my god! On my porch really?" Rihanna groaned in disgust as Toni and Kenny pulled away.

Toni turned to face her and smiled.

"Oh my daughter you're still alive." Toni dramatically said before pulling her into a warm embrace.

Rihanna chuckled lightly.

"Hey guys." She said as Kenny hugged her as well. "Can we come in?" Toni asked.

"Well I can't exactly say no can I?" Rihanna sarcastically questioned as she stepped to the side.

"You have company?" Kenny asked pointing at the silver G-Wagon. "No. I bought myself a new car." Rihanna shrugged.

Toni and Kenny walked in taking in the aroma before them, they immediately frowned once the smell was sent up their nostrils.

"You've been smoking?" They both questioned.

"Are you guys here to lecture me or to pay me a visit? This is my house, my body, my life I can do as I please okay." She groaned shutting her glass door.

"Watch it." Kenny groaned back.

Toni grabbed his arm.

"You're right." Toni nodded sincerely. "We came by to check up on you, you haven't been to the house in a couple months now, you also haven't been answering our calls so we figu-"

"I've been busy." Rihanna mumbled.

"So busy that you couldn't even make time for your parents and son?" Kenny arched his brow curiously.

Rihanna frowned letting out a heavy breathe.

"Come sit, I wanna talk to y'all." Rihanna stated walking into her living room.

Toni and Kenny frowned facing one another before they followed soon after her. They sat across from her as she fiddled with her hands. A moment of silence went by as Toni and Kenny began to look around the place awaiting her to speak again.

"Jaylen is well, Karrueche has him-"

"I want Jay." Rihanna blurted out.

Toni and Kenny stared at her.

"What?" They both asked in disbelief.

"I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and I've realized how selfish I've been, Jaylen doesn't deserve any of this. Aubrey believes that he's mine, and just because me and his father never got along doesn't give me any right to take it out on him-"

"If you're gonna raise him in this house you better stop smoking, because Jaylen is a child, a living breathing human being. He isn't some blunt or album you can just focus on for the time being and than after the process is done you just stop nurturing it. He is a baby and he's going to need you 100%. Once you take him from us you better make sure you're there for him, because you've always had the tendency of not caring about the things that need to be cared for the most or the people that love you dearly. Once you take him your grown ass better not make another dumb ass decision like the one you made when you were pregnant to get a goddamn abortion, for goodness sake how could you want to get a goddamn abortion. Why did that even cross your mind? My god! And now you suddenly want him-"

"Toni!" Kenny shouted sternly placing his hand down on her thigh.

Rihanna had tears running down her face as Toni stared at her angrily.

"No Ken, I lost a child Robyn! We lost a child!" Toni shouted angrily pointing between her and Kenny as Rihanna wiped away her tears that continuously fell. "I would've given my life for him to have lived..." Toni shook her head holding back her tears.

"You and your sisters are my greatest treasure, I'd choose you guys over any award. The moment that pregnancy test came out positive I knew that I would love you with my whole heart, I'd give my life for you guys. And that is something I never understood with you, how could you not want that baby?" Toni frowned as the tears began to run down her face.

"Yes the thought of becoming someone's mother is scary, I admit that but the love you feel for that little soul the first time you hold them in your arms is indescribable and I truly do not understand how you didn't feel that love when you held him..." Toni trailed off shaking her head as they stared at one another with tears running down their faces.

"Now I ask you this... do you really want to mother Jaylen the way you should or is it because you're trying to please Drake?" Toni spat with raised eyebrows wiping away her tears.