Chapter One

Lately I've been
I've been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things we could be
But baby I've been
I've been praying hard
Said no more counting money
We'll be counting stars
-One Republic

---------------------

Bella POV

Quickly walking to my room, I needed to change clothes for the meeting.

This is overwhelming.

We was suppose to be getting our in a couple of years, tops. All that changed though. Matt noticed that the air was good for breathing after the first two years, and the bombs stopped.

But the people doesn't know that.

This meeting was suppose to arrange everything before we told the people, just in case panic comes.

I opened the bedroom door. Josiah was laying on the floor coloring in a color book.

Yes, Josiah.

"Good morning Bell." He smiled and continued coloring.

I nodded in his direction before getting in the shower. Josiah started being around here a lot even after Sam went back t-to her.

I could kill her. She didn't know how to tame Sams heart.

Letting the water run down my back, I remembered the words she spoke to me, she wasn't wrong. I didn't smile while we was together, I couldn't.

And she didn't deserve that.

She needed happiness.

And I wasn't that.

I felt a tear falling down my face and shook my head at myself. I couldn't show weakness. Putting on my jeans and shirt, I didn't bother putting my sword on. I didn't need it.

Josiah looked at me,"I want to be just like you when I grow up."

Me? Why would he want to be like me?

"What's so special about me?"

"You don't show many emotions. Well at least not to the public but I know your all hugs and kisses, just like Bubba." He beamed.

I couldn't stop my heart from swelling at his words but I didn't show it on my face. As much as I hate to say it, I really love this kid. Almost as my own.

"Are you leaving?"

My feet drug me to the door,"I'll be back for dinner."

Before he could respond, I was already out the door. I sighed and walked to the meeting rom. This was tiring. This is tiring.

"Queen." The guards bowed at the door.

I walked into the room where the people sat. Who they were? I don't know.

Sarah stood,"It has come to our attention that the air on the outside is now breathable again."

"But what about the bombs?! Don't be insane!" A man huffed across the table.

They all groaned.

"There hasn't been any bombs since last year.." Sarah mumbled out with the majority of the people agreeing with her.

Why was I here again? Oh right because I'm the queen.

"What do you think queen we're your people after all." A man with a long beard asked.