Chapter Forty

Sam POV

Me and Rose carried the food into the house.

"Did you enjoy yourself?" I asked her again.

She sat on the counter,"Of course Sam."

I leaned into her, and frowned.

"I have to tell you something."

She waved her hand,"Let's take a picture first."

Rose pulled out an iPhone making me look at her in shock.

"You didn't destroy it?"

She shook her head and grabbed my hand. I looked at myself in the camera, damn I'm sexy. She giggled when I ran my hand threw my hair.

She pushed me off gently while waiting to for me continue.

I sigh,"I may have signed up for something that might cost my life...."

"What? What did you do?"

"Dee, my mother and more scientists have created a way for the average human to live longer...way longer.." I started.

She frowned,"So your their lab rat..."

"No. I volunteered."

She stared hard at me,"Well then, I want to do it too."

"What? Think about what your saying." I tried to reason.

This isn't the route I planned on taking with her.

"What do I have to lose?" She folded her arms.

I pecked her lips,"Think about it for a couple days."

"Or years." I mumbled.

"I have to go." I told her as she watched me In disbelief.

I walked out the door and exhaled. The jog to the village wasn't long. I smile when I entered the lab hidden into the mountain.

Apparently my mother only showed me the map around the area where Dee recently bought out a building.

"How do you feel?" They immediately asked me when I stepped in.

"Good, perfect even. I didn't lose my breath not once on the run here." I told them.

They nodded sticking the needles back into my arm.

"The human race will change forever."

I shook my head, "We first need to see how it will react more in me. I'm hoping you didn't try this experiment on anyone else.."

"Don't worry, we didn't." Dee assured.

My mother looked at me and held my arm up. I looked down and noticed the black blood all over my body. She start to unbutton my shirt taking it off. Her and Dee gasp making me look down. Black veins appeared around my stomach as my bruises healed.

"Do you feel it?" Mom asked.

I shook my head, "No. You added something. It didn't do this yesterday."

"We don't like to interfere with god's work but we added more. You're the first of your kind, you will be the most powerful of us all. Hopefully by next year you will be able to control the wind and talk to animals." He joked.

"A god basically." I frowned.

My mother shook her head, "We will pray with the lord to assure him we don't want to interfere."

"I hope your date went well. Get some rest we have a long road ahead." Mother said leaning the chair back.

Dee injected something into my arms causing me to get sleepy. They watched in amusement as I threw my head back.