Chapter Two

Amaryllis Burton

"Amari, get down here this instant or I'm throwing you in a box and shipping you to Catalonia." I heard my mum's voice in my sleep and I turned on my bed and buried myself deeper under the duvet. Whatever Catalonia is, I wouldn't mind going as long as I was allowed to sleep in that box. I smiled softly when I realized my mum didn't yell anything again, and that means I could get some additional minutes of sleep.

My happiness was short-lived when a loud horn blasted in my ear and I shot up at the speed of light. I looked around to find Oliver with a small trumpet in hand, and a mischievous grin on his face. Of course! What was I thinking?

I reached for Oliver, and thankfully he wasn't expecting that move so he didn't have the time to run away. I grabbed his small body and threw him on my bed. I hooked his head between my armpit and smacked him badly on his behind. His stupid screams made my morning so much better, and soon enough, I turned his behind into a drum and I was diligently humming along to the beat.

"MUM! RILEY IS HARASSING ME!" Yup, that's another nickname out of the mountain of nicknames I have. If his cry for help reached the ears of my mum, we couldn't tell because mother dearest didn't even say a word or appear in my room. At least, she's allowing me win this round.

"Let me go. I can't breathe from the stench reeking from your armpit." Wow. Way to appease me, Oliver. After two more minutes of making sure he would have difficulty sitting down today, I released him and shoved him away. He landed on his sore butt and let out a painful yelp. His face was red from pain and I smirked at the pathetic sight.

"You're the worst." He growled and ran outside my room. More like staggered actually. I did a pretty good number on that butt and he would definitely need an ice pack when he gets back from school. I glanced at my bed and sighed sadly at the crushed hope of getting more minutes of sleep.

I picked up the pieces of my broken heart and went ahead to make myself look presentable enough to face the day. I mentally went over all the classes I had today, and I realized there was absolutely none to look forward to. Well, there's the class I share with Jordan.

"Jordan! Mall!" memories of yesterday came rushing back and I suddenly felt sick to my stonach. How would I face him after that embarrassing moment? Would he believe me if I told him I was just running an errand. Well, I could tell him to touch my butt to confirm I wasn't wearing diapers. Ewww, definitely not.

I got into a dark pair of jeans and a blue crochet crop top, which I paired with a thick white and black flannel shirt that I left unbuttoned. Slipping on my decent pair of vans, I declared myself ready for the day. My golden curls had been finger combed and left to fall all over my back, and my face was bare of makeup....like it mostly was. Not like I'm allergic to make up or anything, I just rarely feel like using anything.

"And the queen arrives." Dad beamed at me and I ran into his open arms. Yes! Yes! Yes! I am totally a daddy's girl and I am very proud of it. I have the tightest bond with my dad and I could swear our hearts were woven into one. If anything would go wrong with me, my dad would feel it, and likewise. Mum was always jealous of the bond we shared but she has accepted that I'm the first wife and she's the other woman. Cue evil laughter.

Dad was the first to leave so he dropped us off at school. He planted a kiss on my forehead and wished me the very best. If only he knew he might never get any grandchildren from me because the only man I want to marry thinks I wet my pants unconsciously.