Chapter Ten

Amaryllis Lexington
****

"So, you guys should catch up with your partners and draw up a plan on how to make the food assigned to you. Remember, you have to make a live video and upload straight to the account I'm giving you. No cutting out of the videos, in case you smuggle some chef in to help you. I know your parents can afford it, but I won't tolerate that. See you on Monday! Good day." The teacher, whose name I heard was Mr. Young, said and walked out.

"Let's go quickly. I don't want to talk to my partner. At least, not yet. I need to wrap my head around the fact that I'll be around one of those people." She said and I shrugged. The plan was very fine by me, seeing as I definitely didn't want to talk to my partner either. I looked over to his direction and he was on a call, not even looking in my direction. Apparently,  he didn't want to come talk to me first. Well,  two can play the game.

Together, Maya and I rushed out of class and headed towards the direction of the next class. One of the classes I despised terribly, Maths. How numbers and figures come together to make perfect sense to some people is just crazy, and don't even get me started on those symbols. I was choosing my college major based on my probability of doing maths. Any course that would require maths, I would definitely run far away from. If things don't go well in the future, I could always sign up for an acting job. At least, the Lexingtons could pull some strings to get me a nice gig.

While I was thinking about my future prospects, my bag vibrated. I paused, wondering what was happening to me. The vibration happened again and then it clicked. My phone.

I fetched it from the bag and saw two texts from an unknown number. With a weary look, I opened the message and my eyes doubled the side of saucers when I saw it. Oh. My. Heart!

Unknown: Hey, Amari.

Unknown: It's Jordan. Sorry I texted you without asking for your contact. The circumstances surrounding your departure didn't give me a room to ask for your number. After hours of deleting what to do, I finally asked Jade for it. I hope you're not mad?

Mad?
Mad?
More like madly in love!
I quickly saved his number and debated whether to add the padlock and love emoji or just adding a smiley emoji, after a while, I settled for the latter. As we progress in the relationship, I would definitely add the padlock!

Me: Mad? Nope! I'm glad you texted. How are you?

JORDAN😋🍎: I'm alright. How are you holding up? Is that place fun?

Me: Well, I can't seem to stay out of trouble. Lol

Me: I miss you.

Me: *You guys at Halloway. Hahaha

I slapped my head harshly at my stupid slip. Maya raised her brow and I smiled awkwardly. I noticed a text had come in and it made me jumpy  on the inside. I waited till I took my seat, because we had already reached class, before I replied.

JORDAN😋🍎: lol. Yeah, sure. 🌚

JORDAN😋🍎: We miss you too. Carmel definitely doesn't anyway. She's having a field day now that you're gone. Lol. Halloway feels like Holloway. 😣

Me: 😂😂😁 She better be glad I'm gone. Else, she would have had a nose transplant by now. You should just break some of her bones already and pretend it was an accident. The community loves you, they won't send you to jail.

JORDAN😋🍎: Not everyone can be like you, Amaryllis. You're one of a kind.

My breath hitched and I could swear I heard wedding bells. Where would I want to spend my honeymoon with Jordan? Hmm. The Bahamas? Seychelles? Prague? PRAGUE!