Chapter Thirteen

Amaryllis Lexington
*****

"Ouu. He's going outside. Does he know?" Kayla jumped, the excitement on her face was even more than mine. I watched Carlson walk out of the cafeteria and I swallowed. My excitement was beginning to give way for fear.

Come on, Amari. He started this!

I shook myself, slapping my head to get it back in the game. I had gone too far to back out now. Maya was about to say something when her gaze slid towards the entrance and her eyes widened. I didn't have to turn to know who it was. I pretended like I didn't know, and despite the fact that the murmurs around us increased, I didn't look in that direction.

"Lexington." That accent every darned time. I wanted to ignore him but I just couldn't, thanks to my stupid lack of resistance, my head turned on impulse and I swallowed hard. He look furious.

"Y..yes?" I tried to keep my voice steady but I was failing desperate. What if he lacks morals and decides to hit me? He's going to break my nose and I won't be able to do anything about. Oh God. I should have listened to Maya.

"I believe you have a car to wash." I gave a mock gasp that only seemed to infuriate him further. I was torn between going on my knees and begging for mercy or throwing caution to the wind and daring him. Of course, I chose the latter.

"Me? Why, Hawthorne? Did someone drench your car in chocolate?" I smirked and slowly, his frown turned into a wicked smile. It was just as beautiful as it was wicked. Devil

"You shouldn't have done this, Lexington. Someone should have warned you." He sighed and I looked at him like he was crazy. Of course someone warned me, but I didn't listen. Before I could think of a response, he swept me up bridal style. For the second time! And the first time, he almost took my life.

"The hell, dude? You don't just sweep me up like some knight in shining armour whenever you wish?" I yelled, struggling to get out of his arms, but he only held me tighter. I low-key didn't want to jump down. He smelt heavenly and the feeling was gooooood.

"You don't look like you have a problem with it." He said and started carrying me out of the cafeteria. Over his shoulder, I could see my friends standing up and a few others too. Soon enough, the whole cafeteria was on their feet and following us. At least, I'll have witnesses to my murder.

"What on earth are you doing, Hawthorne? You wanna kill me?" If he heard me, he didn't act like it. He just kept walking towards the direction of his car, and I started to connect the dots. Oh my God.

"Don't. You. Dare!" I yelled, squirming terribly so he would drop me, but he had a death grip on me. He opened the back seat quickly and I didn't have the chance to jump down, and shoved me in it. Ewwwww.

I was about to force myself out when he pressed me down with his strong arms, and turned me over, rolling me and marinating me in chocolate, despite my screams and protests. When he looked like he had had enough, he shut the door and I heard the locks click.

"Bastardized Gorilla." I yelled, hitting the window with my chocolate stained palms. A satisfied smirk appeared on my face as I saw the print of my hands of his car window.

He dangled the key in front of me, a huge smirk on his face. I watched him walk over to one of his friends and hand him the key, saying something I couldn't hear. Of course! He exchanged keys with one of them, got into the second car beside him, and drove away. That Jerk!