Chapter 30

Darius

"I'll see you at Wedding.." Gin softly said before ending the call.

I sighed, putting my phone down. It was eerily silent, the atmosphere was very thick, making my breathes shallow and slow paced.

Very little light illuminated the living room, only the sound of the humming airconditioner can be heard, not giving me reassurance at all.

I unbuttoned my shirt, stopping midway from doing so.

"Ugh..what am I doing?" I annoyingly scolded myself, unconsciously ruffling my hair in the process.

'Where are you?'

I read the text over and over again, squinting my eyes every now and then.

Today was Dia's wedding, and I'm late.

Those two days weren't so kind to me.

I got tons of work to do, The medicine which we are gonna release is due date, Today is Dia's wedding, and Gin is not with me anymore.

Yes, these days were very hard for me.

Akala ko ordinaryong araw lang noong umalis siya.

But sadly it was not.

Their company was reopened and being the Hardworking girl she is, decided to return to work.

I mean she had a choice, and she chose to not rely on me.

One of the reasons I adored her.

Maybe our relationship started out as a joke, but I'm sure my feelings were real.

All is real...

I know, I'm too cliché but...

can't a man dream about his woman?

In my past, I was this so-called "Gay" but the thing is, I was a Gay.

I tried so hard to find my identity, even masking my true colors.

All my life I hated people who controlled me, abuse me, hurt me.

and yet she took it all away in just one night.

The night when I showed who I am, and I was ecstastic when I found out I was her first.

But at the same time I feel bad.

I feel bad for having sex with those other girls, just to numb the pain and abuse that I've delt my whole life.

It was to remind me that I am in fact, a man.

I never learn.

I hated myself for trusting Adrian, and now, I have to prepare myself for what's coming.

I was out of my thoughts when I hear my phone ringing, I reluctantly answered, croaking out a simple 'Hello' before going silent again.

"Darius! where the hell are you?! You're already late...please don't do this to your Sister.." Mama half-heartedly yelled at me, bringing me back to reality.

I stood up, taking a short look around at running outside, locking my door.

"Yeah, I'm on my way Ma, I won't miss her wedding..." I grumbled, earning a sigh from Mama.

"Just..be here on time, busy pa kami dito..tatawag nalang ako ulit." Her soft voice rang through my ears, ending the call.

I put my phone to my pocket and started to button up my shirt. Who would've thought that I'd be agreeing to this stupid wedding.

I sighed while wearing my jacket, I walked out of the elevator, my pace was very fast, ignoring the looks of people around me.

***

The sound of honking can be heard outside my car. Great. Traffic nanaman.

Ugh..I don't know why but it seems like my luck left me the same time when Gin left.

I guess she's my lucky charm after all.

"Ugh..What a dick move Darius." Daing ko sa sarili ko. I mean, I am well aware that I'm being childish for being overprotective to my sister, and I did promise to support her in any means.

But like I said, lahat ng ginagawa ko ay para sa ikinabubuti ni Dia. I won't let Charles break her heart. Not again.

****

"Jusko anak! buti nalang at dumating ka na, akala ko kung anong nangyari sayo!" Pagsesermon ni Mama. Ngumiti lang ako sa kanya at tumango, habang napalingon naman ako kay Dia, na kanina pa nakatingin sa salamin.

Walang malay na gumalaw ang aking mga paa at napangiti sa aking kapatid.

Her long wedding dress hugged her figure, beads of pearls decorated on the hem of her dress. Her veil covered her beautiful face.

Yes, this is my sister.

Agree naman ako na mukha parin siyang manang kahit may make-up pa, at hindi naman siya mahilig magsuot ng magagarang damit pero ngayon..

Napahinga lang ako nang malalim habang inaayos ang kanyang belo.
"Ang pangit mo talaga kahit kailan." Tukso ko sa kanya. Napangisi lang siya sa akin at pinalo ang aking braso.

"Tsk. Nagmana nga ako sayo diba?" Patawang aniya. Tumango lang ako at pinaupo siya sa sofa. Dahan dahan kong inangat ang kanyang belo na kanina pa nakatakip sa kanyang mukha.

"Kuya..." Bulong niya. Hindi ko siya sinagot at sa halip ay hinawakan lang ang kanyang mga kamay.

"Promise me.." Panimula ko. Malalim na nagkatinginan ang mga mata namin, na para bang alam na niya kung anong susunod kong sasabihin.

"I trust you Dia...kung ano man ito..pero kung may mangyaring hindi maganda..andito lang ang kuya mo." Pabulong na ani ko at niyakap siya.

Tahimik niyang isinubsob ang kanyang mukha sa aking balikat, habang ako naman ay napahimas sa kanyang likod.

Hindi ko naman talaga matatanggihan ang aking kapatid.

She's my sister after all.

"Dia! Halika na..at baka malate pa tayo!"

Napabitaw lang ako sa yakap nang marinig ko ang kanyang mariin na boses.

"Gin.." I whispered softly, my back still facing her.

She chuckled, her voice getting louder, which means she is close to me. "Kumusta Mahal?"

Different shades of pink painted on my cheeks when I heard the endearment. God damn it Gin..

"Ahh~ I see...ikaw kuya ha.." Dia smirked inwardly, playfully hitting my arms before walking past me.

"I'll go ahead. Don't get too excited kuya. May kasal pang magaganap." She winked, teasing the two of us. My cheeks heated furiously, reacting to her remark, while Gin, stood perfectly unfazed.

I faced her, noticing her royal blue dress. It fitted her perfectly, but I guess red was more compatible to her bold and sarcastic nature.

"Darius..andito yung mga mata ko." Her rich voice were like music to my ears. Oh no.

"Oh ano? turn on ka nanaman?" She joked, elbowing my side. I groaned, my hands sliding on her waist.

"Excuse me ha. Kaya ko kayang pigilan yung sarili ko." I huffed and walked beside her.

There was a comfortable silence after that.

"So..it's her wedding today..how do you feel?" She asked, her hands tucked on her purse. I sighed heavily, shaking my head.

"Mad, but accepting? I don't know Gin..I just wanted get this over with." I grumbled. Not sure about my answer.

——————————————————
MUWAAAHH!! Love you guys!!
Thank you for reading!